The Income certificate is one of the most important documents which are useful for various purposes like to save our income from tax, for admissions in colleges or universities along with it gives various social services like to get a loan for education, certificate helps students for fee concession provided by the government for their higher education. Income certificate is the proof of income of the person. The income certificate helps us to get various other certificates for caste, domicile, ration card, voter id, Aadhar card, etc. Normally, the procedure is that one should apply for the income certificate will get the certificate within a week’s time after submission of documents. The income certificate can be obtained by applying to Tehsil / Sub tehsil offices under Revenue Department. This article will guide you to get the information about the procedure of income certificate in Maharashtra.
Eligibility for applying Income Certificate in Maharashtra:
- Applicant must be the resident of Maharashtra state
Documents required for Income Certificate in Maharashtra:
- Age Proof: Applicant has a birth certificate, school certificate, pan card
- Address Proof: Ration Card / Voter ID /Passport/ Driving License /Electricity bill/ Water bill / property tax receipt
- Photos: Minimum 2 passport size photographs
- Application form: Completely filled application form
- Identity Proof: Aadhar Card / Pan Card / Voter ID /Driving License
- Proof of income: 7/ 12 and 8/ An extract along with the talathi report, form 16 if salaried, income tax return statement, salary slip.
- Photo Copy: All documents photocopies with attested from government officer
Offline Procedure to apply for Income Certificate in Maharashtra:
- The applicant must download the form income certificate form
- Applicant has to download the application form and take print out it.
- fill all important details very carefully like as the name of the applicant, complete address of applicant, contact information of the applicant, and fill the declaration form.
- Attach all documents with form
- Submit the application form to the local tehsil office.
Online Procedure to apply for Income Certificate in Maharashtra:
- The applicant must visit the official website of Maharashtra government setu website i.e. http://mumbaicitysetu.org/OnlineReg.htmt
- On clicking that link and fill all necessary information and details like as the name of the applicant, complete present address, family details, income of each family member, why you need an income certificate and all
- Click on “Submit” button
- Take a printout and get the acknowledgment slip
Charges for Income Certificate:
- 5 is charged for issuing an Income Certificate
- Tehsildar’s office