Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Government of Karnataka is the authority for issuing and managing ration cards allotment in the state. Ration Card is an essential document for availing necessary basic food items at lower prices, as a tool for identity, for applying for Aadhaar card, domicile certificate, etc. It is issued based on the income/economic status. It can be applied by any resident irrespective of caste.
|Service:||Karnataka Ration Card|
|Service Under:||Karnataka Government|
|Concerned Department:||Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Karnataka|
|Mode of Application:||Online & Offline|
Types of Ration Card:
- Priority Household (PHH) ration card – It is issued to the citizens residing in Rural areas of the state
- Non-Priority Household (NPHH) ration card – It is issued to the citizens having stable annual income
- AAY- Antyodaya ration card – It is issued to the citizens having annual income less than Rs. 15,000/-
- Annapurna Yojana ration card – It is issued to the citizens who are above the age of 65 years
- A period of 15 days is required for processing a Ration card in Karnataka
- Application fee of Rs. 100/- is required to be paid while applying offline
- No application fee is required to be paid while applying online
Important documents required while applying for a Ration Card in Karnataka:
- Proof of Identity (PAN Card/ Election Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ Identity Card/document issued by Govt. organisation)
- Proof of Address (Election Card/ Aadhaar Card/ Electricity Bill/ Telephone bill)
- Passport sized photo
- Income proof
- Bank Passbook
The above-mentioned original documents are to be produced for verification and these are to be submitted in copies for further process.
- The applicant should mandatory be a resident of Karnataka state
- Applicant whose ration card is expired can apply again for the same
- Newly married couples are also eligible to apply for new ration card
How to Apply for Ration card:
One can apply for Ration Card in Karnataka either Online or Offline:
For Applying Online:
- The applicant is required to visit the official portal @ahara.kar.nic.in
- Language settings for the web page can be adjusted as per preference
- Click on the E-services tab and select E-ration card from the drop-down
- Then click on new ration card option from the drop-down
- Select preferred language
- Select New Ration Card Request option
- Select the card type as PHH/ NPHH as applicable
- Enter Aadhaar no./ VID and mobile no. Then click on Go
- Fill the remaining details as required like name, address, DOB, age, marital status, occupation details, income details, etc
- Upload the necessary documents in the prescribed format. Click on Submit.
- Then post verification, ration card will be issued.
- Application status can be tracked from the portal.
- Ration card can also be downloaded, altered, cancelled online from the portal.
For Applying Offline:
- Visit the nearest Ration shop/ Block officer
- Get the application form (Hard copy) from the office/ download the same from the official portal
- Manually fill it, sign the declaration, paste photograph and submit it in the office with all the necessary documents. Fee payment is to be made if required
- On submitting the application form, applicant will get a receipt/ reference no. as acknowledgement from the office.
- Application will be verified by the concerned officer
- After thorough verification of documents submitted, the Ration card will be issued and sent to the registered address by post.
In case of any difficulty while applying online on the official portal, the applicant can contact on the following nos. –
- Helpline No. – 1967
- Toll free Contact No. – 1800-425-9339