The Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh Dr. Raman Singh has launched the Public Cycle Sharing (PCS) scheme in the city Naya Raipur. This is a mass friendly scheme for the citizens of the city to help them in their city commute. Cycles will be provided by the government which can be used by the citizens to go near by distances. The scheme is meant for students, workers and senior citizens. Under the scheme, Cycle Sharing Card to be distributed to the schools children. This scheme is sponsored by the Naya Raipur Development Authority. The cycles will be provided at nominal rates by the Naya Raipur Development Authority.
100 cycles will be made available under the scheme. They can be picked and dropped from the 10 cycle stations which will be available in different parts of the city. In the Naya Raipur city, around 55-kilometer cycle track is being constructed. These cycles are fitted with GPS based track system. The monitoring of this cycle will be done from the control room in the Naya Raipur. Cycles can be hired/used using a mobile app. The payments too can be done with the app. An identity card will be provided by the government to use cycles.
What is Public Cycle Sharing (PCS)? The government of Chhattisgarh scheme for the citizens of the state to provide the cycle for traveling in the city and reduce the pollution.
Public Cycle Sharing (PCS): Objectives
- To reduce the pollution
- To make environmentally friendly
- To avoid health diseases due to pollution
Public Cycle Sharing (PCS): Eligibility
- School children, elders of the state
- All the citizens of the state
Public Cycle Sharing (PCS): Benefits
- Reduces the pollution
- Saves the cost of fuel such as petrol and diesel
- Conserves the environment
- Maintains the health
Public Cycle Sharing (PCS): How to apply for Cycle Sharing Card?
The scheme just launched recently. The detail information regarding how to apply for this scheme is yet not available. This section will be updated with the application procedure and details.
Public Cycle Sharing (PCS): Implementation & Highlights
- The Chief Minister of the state Dr. Raman Singh launched this scheme in Naya Raipur city
- The Public Cycle Sharing scheme is cost effective and environment-friendly
- The Naya Raipur Development Authority has sponsored this scheme and will provide the cycle at nominal rates
- 100 cycle are available for citizens at 10 stations
- 55 kilometer of cycle track are laid in the Naya Raipur city
- These cycles are fitted with GPS tracking system and monitoring will be done from the control room in Naya Raipur
- Using the payments via App, Smart Card, Log-in-Pin and Mobile phone cycles can be hired
- An identity card proof will be provided to the users of the cycles
- The cards will verified by the company
More Details & References