The Rajeev awas yojna is the scheme is introduce by the central government (ministry of housing and urban poverty alleviation). The scheme is epically introduce for slum dwellers and urban poor means those poor people who are not able to build their own house. The main objective of this scheme is to help those slum dwellers to gain appropriate housing it also aim to make India slum-free by 2022 by providing people with shelter or housing, free of cost It would provide basic amenities such as water supply, sewerage, drainage, internal and approach roads, street lighting and social infrastructure facilities in slums and low income settlements adopting a ‘whole city’ approach. It would also provide subsidized credit.
Benefits of Rajeev Awas Yojna
- Slum dweller and poor urban will get shelter or housing, free of cost.
- It would provide basic amenities such as water supply, sewerage, drainage, internal and approach roads, street lighting and social infrastructure facilities.
- Facilitating a supportive environment for expanding institutional credit linkages for the urban poor.
- Strengthening institutional and human resource capacities at the Municipal, City and State levels through comprehensive capacity building and strengthening of resource networks.
Eligibility for getting benefits of Rajeev Awas Yojna
- The scheme is applicable to all slums within a city or village , whether notified or non-notified (including identified and recognized), whether on lands belonging to Central Government or its Undertakings, Autonomous bodies created under the Act of Parliament, State Government or its Undertakings, Urban Local Bodies or any other public agency and private sector. It is also applicable to “urbanized villages” inside the planning area of the city, urban homeless and pavement dwellers.
- Beneficiary should belong to below poverty line.
Document required for Rajeev Awas Yojna
- Ration card (BPL).
- Bank account.
- Aadhar card.
- Residence proof.
Whom to contact and where to contact
- Beneficiary can contact to Grampanchyat office.
- Beneficiary can contact to Municipal Corporation.
For more information visit here
Scheme related video