Rajasthan state government launched ‘Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence (RGS) Scheme’ for providing financial assistance by the way of scholarships to 200 meritorious students in the state. This assistance will be provided to the students for studying in any select foreign university including Oxford, Harvard, Stanford university. Under this scheme undergraduate, post graduate, doctoral and post-doctoral courses for this academic year will be covered. The state government will provide assistance for tuition fees and travel fare. Interested and eligible students can apply for the scholarship online @hte.rajasthan.gov.in. Applications will start from October 22, 2021. Scholarship amount awarded under this scheme will help the students in their higher studies.
|Scheme Name||Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence (RGS) Scheme|
|Scheme Under||Rajasthan government|
|Scheme Type||Scholarship Scheme|
|Application Start date||October 22, 2021|
|Scheme Benefit||Financial Assistance for studying in a foreign university.|
|Beneficiaries||Meritorious students in the state|
|Objective||To provide financial assistance to the students through scholarship|
Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to 200 meritorious students in the state.
- The scheme will enable the students to pursue higher education in undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and post-doctoral courses.
- Under the scheme the students will pursue higher education in the stream of their choice in selected foreign universities.
- It will provide help to the students to meet their expenses for higher studies including travel fare and tuition fees.
- This financial assistance will help the students with further studies without having financial constraints.
Stream wise Scholarships:
- Humanities, Social Science, Agriculture and Forest Science, Nature and Environmental Science and Law – 150
- Management, Business Administration, Economics, Finance – 25
- Pure Science and Public Health – 25
- Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence (RGS) scheme is launched by the Rajasthan government under the State Higher Education Department.
- This scheme is started to award scholarships to eligible meritorious students in the state.
- Under the scheme the government will give scholarships for graduate, post graduate, doctoral and post-doctoral courses in selected foreign universities including Oxford, Harvard, Stanford university.
- Students can get financial assistance under this scheme for studying in any of the 50 universities that are selected across the globe.
- This financial assistance would cover tuition fees as well as travel fare and other expenses of students.
- This scheme will give the students a chance to pursue to higher education as per their choice and fulfil their dreams.
- It aims that no student should opt out of higher education due to financial constraints.
- Under this scheme the state government will give scholarship to about 200 eligible meritorious students.
- Preference will be given to students with family income less than 8 lakhs per annum.
- The students will have to apply online to get avail the benefit under this scheme.
- Applications can be made on the official portal @ https://hte.rajasthan.gov.in/index.php
- Application link will made available from October 22, 2021.
- Accordingly register as a new user, login and fill the scholarship form.
- Upload required documents in prescribed format and submit.
- Forms will be verified and scholarships will be awarded to the eligible students.