Raman Charpak Fellowship is in honor of two Nobel Laureates in Physics, Prof C.V. Raman, Indian Nobel Laureate, 1930 and Prof Georges Charpak, French Nobel Laureate, 1992. It is a doctoral exchange program and is designed to exchange students for the period of from 2 months to 6 months between India and France. Raman Charpak Fellowship is a joint initiative by France and India and is there facilitate the exchange of doctoral students between the two countries, in order to broaden the scope and depth of future engagements in science, technology, and innovation. The Raman Charpak fellowship provides experience and exposure to students in the field of science and technology. The students will be given an opportunity to carry out part of their research work in a University / Research Institute based in France or India respectively.
Benefits of the Raman Charpak Fellowship:
- Indian students would get a fellowship support of Euro 1,500 per months for daily expenses, local travel, accommodation charges plus social security charges.
- Economy class Return airfare between India and France.
- Insurance coverage (health and travel).
- Visa and registration costs covered.
- Additional support of 500 Euro for participating in seminar and workshop.
- Air and train ticket for travel in the country of study.
Required Eligibility and Conditions for Raman Charpak Fellowship:
- The applicant from India should be an Indian Citizen and he/she should have registered with a recognized university for their Ph.D. program.
- The candidate must have a Master degree in Science, Technology or Medicine from a recognized university/Institute.
- There should have a consent from the University of the Applicant for a Foreign Fellowship Program.
- The candidate has to provide Letter of Recommendation and Agreement from the proposed host supervisor of the Fellowship Lab.
- The candidate will not be considered for selection if the proposed duration of the research is less than 2 months
Documents Required for Raman Charpak Fellowship:
- The candidates have to submit five pages long research proposal.
- A CV of two pages with recent photograph on it, the CV should summarize the achievements, research, and publication of 5 important projects.
- A Letter of Recommendation (LOR) from a Ph.D. supervisor from their research lab.
- A synopsis of Ph.D. report or projects.
- An experience letter of the research.
- A scanned copy of passport (Both Front and back side)
- A recent photograph.
- NOC from Head of Institution
- Scanned copy of Master degree certificate
- Scanned copy of Ph.D. registration letter
- The candidates can apply for the Raman Charpak Fellowship through online mode only
- The candidates will have to apply and register online. Click Here to apply
- The candidates have to submit their application online only; there is no provision of submission through the post. The applications will not be accepted offline.
- For more information applicant can contact to following address: Dr. Mukesh Kumar Director, Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research CEFIPRA, Core 5B, Ground Floor, India Habitat Centre Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110 003 India
- Director: (+91-11) 2460 2432 (direct)
- Office Tel. No. +91 11 24682251, +91 11 24682252
- E-mail: email@example.com
References & Details:
- For more information regarding Raman Charpak Fellowship visit: http://www.cefipra.org/Raman_Charpak.aspx