Ravi Sankaran Foundation Fellowship is offered by the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation in memory of ornithologist Dr. Ravi Sankaran to students who have an interest in carrying out research work on wildlife and aim to work towards conservation of biodiversity in India. Ravi Sankaran Fellowship offers financial aid for carrying out Master’s degree courses abroad, an internship with an international organization and funds for a short research/conservation project within India. Students can apply for Fellowship for pursuing courses in any country apart from India. The fellowship is provided for three types of programs as given below:
For Master’s degree courses: The Fellowship is granted to 1-2 students to pursue Master’s degree with a prestigious international university for a program related to conservation or ecology.
For Internship: The fellowship will provide funding to 1-2 students for carrying out an internship for a period ranging between 6 weeks and 1 year with an International Conservation Organisation (i.e. NGO, a government agency, university research group or an organization) known for conservation work.
For Small Grants program: The Fellowship is also offered to 4 recipients for an initial project of 1 year which is likely to lead to a long-term conservation research project in India.
Benefits of the Ravi Sankaran Foundation Fellowship:
- For Master’s degree courses
- Course Fee: The Fellowship will cover full course fee for the Master’s degree course.
- One-Way International Travel: The candidates will receive the airfare to travel to the host institution. However, only one-way airfare will be provided. The return fare to the home country will have to be covered by the student.
- Stipend: The candidates will also receive a living stipend under the scholarship.
- For Internship:
- Internship Fee: The Fellowship will cover the Internship fee (if any) of the student.
- Travel Expenses: The airfare of the students to the host institution and back to the home country (India), or $1,500, whichever is less, will be covered under the Fellowship.
- Living Stipend: The Fellows will also receive a living stipend during the Internship program.
- For Small Grants Program:
- Stipend: A stipend will be granted to the Fellows during the research period.
- Project/ Research Funding: The Fellowship will cover the project expenses for research Fellows for up to Rs 2 lakhs per annum.
Required Eligibility and Conditions for Ravi Sankaran Foundation Fellowship:
- Indian National: Candidate must be an Indian national and must be an Indian resident while applying for the Fellowship.
- Age Limit: Must be preferably under 30 years of age as on 1 July 2017.
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any subject.
- Must have some involvement in the required field (ecology and conservation of wildlife) in the past.
- Small Grants Program: Candidates applying for the Small Grants
- Candidates can apply for Ravi Sankaran Fellowship by visiting the official website of Ravi Sankaran Foundation and downloading the Application Form.
- There are separate application forms for Master’s, Internship and Small Grants Program.
- Fill the requisite personal and academic details carefully and correctly.
- Fill out the subjective questions within the given word limit.
- Two references: Also provide the name and full contact details of two referees in the given format. The Foundation will directly contact the referees.
- Take a print out of the application form and complete it with the candidate’s signature and the current date.
- The candidates must fill all the questions correctly in the application form, they need to affix a recent passport size photo on the space provided. They must Enclose their letter of acceptance from the host institution along with the application form and courier it to the address given in contact detail section of this page
- The applicant can contact to the following address for more information: Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Program, Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation, C/o Inlaks India Foundation, 86/87 Atlanta, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400021
- E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
References & Details:
- For more information regarding Ravi Sankaran Foundation Fellowship: http://www.ravisankaran.org/the-fellowship/fellowships/