The Government of Telangana has formally launched popular Rythu Bandhu Scheme in the state. It is a investment support scheme for farmers announced earlier by the Chief Minister of the Telangana Shree K. C. Rao which was the electoral promise of his party. It is a first of kind scheme under which Rs. 8,000 will be paid to all the farmers in the state annually. They will get two pay order cheques of Rs. 4,000 per acre each per crop season Rabi and Kharip.
The Telangana Government has already given loan waivers to its farmers for crop loans. It costed Rs 16,124 crore to the government and over 35.30 lakh farmers benefited from the Telangana farm loan waiver.
What is Rythu Bandhu Scheme? A first of its kind scheme by the Govt of Telangana for farmers in the state to provide financial assistance of Rs. 8,000 annually i.e. Rs. 4,000 each crop season per acre.
Rythu Bandhu Scheme Benefits:
- Financial assistance to the farmers twice a year
- Rs. 4,000 per acre will be given to all the farmers in the state at the start of the each of the crop seasons
- Farmers an use the money to buy seeds, fertilizers, hiring labor, preparing land for sowing
Rythu Bandhu Scheme Objectives:
- Support and encourage farmers during sowing seasons
- To provide financial assistance to the farmers and refrain them taking crop loans from banks or private lenders
- To increase crop production
- Maximize agriculture production and productivity of the farmers in the state
- To increase farmers income
Rythu Bandhu Scheme Eligibility:
- The scheme is applicable to all the farmers in the state Telangana
- The all those who own farm land are eligible
- The financial assistance is given even if the land is not under cultivation
Rythu Bandhu Scheme Implementation:
- About 58 lakh farmers will benefit from the scheme
- 1.42 crore acres of the land in Telangana is covered under the scheme
- The state government has already set aside budget of Rs 12,000 crore in the 2018-19
- Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao dream initiative and Telangana is the first state to implement the scheme
- Telangana Govt has made available Rs. 6,000 cores to the banks and has started distributing cheques for the scheme to the farmers
- Out of 2.9 crore acres of land 2.3 crore of land is verified and around 1.4 crore acres have been identified as cultivable land
- The cheques will be distributed to the farmers irrespective of the type of the land
- Assistance is given to the farmers for the land holding even if he is not cultivating the land
- Pattadar passbooks are distributed to all the eligible farmers based on the comprehensive land survey
- For seamless implementation of the scheme all the land records are verified and digitized
What is Pattadar passbooks? A little land holding documents for farmers which has details of their land holding given by the Government of Telangana.