The Andhra Pradesh is planning to launch an investment support scheme called Rythu Raksha Scheme for farmers in the state. A financial assistance of Rs. 10,000 per acre will be given to the small, marginal & tenant farmers in the state.
The primary objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the farmers in the state. Rs. 5,000 per acre will be given to the farmers at the beginning of both Kharip & Rabi seasons. The agricultural input subsidy given under the scheme is directly deposited to the farmer`s DBT account under the scheme. It can be used for land preparation for the upcoming sowing season, purchasing seeds, fertilizers & to pay labor charges.
AP Rythu Raksha Scheme: An Andhra Pradesh government scheme to provide financial assistance of Rs. 10,000 / acre every year to the state farmers.
- To provide financial security to the farmers
- To help farmers during both the sowing seasons
- To make sure that the farmers don’t have to take loans
- To stop farmer suicides
Rythu Raksha Scheme Benefits:
- Financial assistance of Rs. 10,000 per year
- Rs. 5,000 per acre every year will be given at the beginning of Kharip & Rabi seasons
- Applicable only in Andhra Pradesh
- Applicable only for the small, marginal & tenant farmers
The AP Rythu Raksha Scheme is based on the popular similar scheme by the Telangana government. The scheme is called as Rythu Bandhu Scheme. The AP government is working on the scheme. They are collecting all the farmer`s data across the state. The scheme will be implemented in the phased manner & soon an announcement is expected from the government.