Samsung is a South Korean multinational company which provides the wide ranges of electronics. Samsung India is at the spearhead to empower the youth of India with education through technology. Samsung Star Scholarship is a scholarship program offered by Samsung Electronics Private Limited for Indian Students as part of its corporate social responsibility initiatives. The Samsung scholarship is initiating the scholarship across Indian Institute of Technology and National Institute of Technology for the benefits of the students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas to provide them with the higher opportunities for good quality higher education. Under Samsung Star Scholarship, students selected will get their Tuition fee, Hostel Fee and Mess charges waived off as a reward for the Scholarship Scheme. The duration of the scholarship will be 1 academic year which can be extended to three to four years.
Benefits of the Samsung Star Scholarship:
- The scholarship will be granted to the students to support their tuition fee, hostel fee, and mess charges only.
- The candidates granted should not be availing of any financial assistance or scholarship related to these expenses from either a Government or Non-Government source, during their pursuance of their B. Tech/Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) course from the Institute
- The duration of the scholarship will be for one academic year, which can be extended to successive three years for B. Tech. Degree course and four years for Dual Degree (B.Tech.+ M.Tech.) course which will be based on the rules applicable.
- The mess charges shall be limited to Rs 36,000 annually and the entire amount of annual scholarship shall not exceed Rs 2,00,000
Required Eligibility and Conditions for Samsung Star Scholarship:
- The Samsung Star Scholar Scholarship program is offered to the following students:
- The candidates should have completed 18 years of age to be eligible for the scholarship
- If the candidate is below 18 years, then he/she needs to counter signed their application form by their respective legal guardians
- The scholarship would be offered to the selected educational institutes such as Indian Institute of Technology and National Institute of Technology.
- The candidates who have passed Class 10 & 12 in the year 2016 would be eligible for the scholarship.
- The Samsung Star scholarship will be offered to the students graduating from Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya administered by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.
- The candidates who are in the first year of the B.Tech /Dual Degree course would be considered as an eligible candidate.
Document Required for Samsung Star Scholarship:
- Self-certified copy of class 10 and 12 CBSE Mark Statement
- Self-certified clear copy of JEE (Main) ranking certificate
- Self-certified clear copy of Final admission letter from the Institute.
- Original copy of admission/first semester/annual fee receipt deposited at Institute attested and verified by the Institute’s Dean Academic
- A signed canceled cheque of the bank account in which the Scholarship amount has to be deposited.
- Self-certified clear copy of address proof (only Aadhaar Card will be considered)
- Self-certified clear copy of PAN Card
- Brief write up on the following topics
- Why are you a qualified candidate for a scholarship?
- How will you be impacted if chosen?
- The eligible candidates can fill the application form after downloading it from the link given below and have to submit the same along with the relevant enclosure of the documents to the head of the Samsung office or the applicant send the application by email.
- The address of the office is mentioned below on this page.
- Samsung Star Scholar Application Form – Download Here
- The application form contains 4 sections:
- Section 1: Personal Information
- Section 2: Academic Information
- Section 3: Declaration
- Section 4: For Dean Academics/Institute
- Fill-up all the sections in the black or blue pen. All questions must be answered. Do not leave any section blank. If the section does not apply to you, please indicate it by (N/A)
- The fully completed application form along with requisite documents (scanned copies) & certified by Dean Academics of Institution in which the student is studying should email in PDF format to email@example.com by the deadline date
- Additionally, the original application form and requisite documents should be sent by speed post to the address given in contact detail section of this page
- The applicant can contact to the following address for more information: SAMSUNG STAR SCHOLAR Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd. Corporate Citizenship (CRO) 20th ~ 24th Floor, Two Horizon Centre, Golf Course Road, Sector – 43, DLF Phase V, Gurgaon, Haryana -122002, India
References & Details:
- For more information regarding Samsung Star Scholarship visit: http://www.samsung.com/in/microsite/sapne-hue-bade/star-scholar/