On January 7, 2021, Punjab government announced a bunch of new schemes for the girls studying in high schools and colleges across the state. In the list, CMO Punjab, Mr. Amarinder Singh announced a scheme for distributing free sanitary pads to girls studying high schools. This scheme will mainly target to cover the rural areas and slum areas district wise in the state. This scheme is aimed to protect the health and hygiene of girls. It tends to make available sanitary pads to each and every girl free of cost. In case of girls belonging to poor rural family background with lack of amenities, this scheme will turn out as a boon.
|Scheme:||Scheme for free sanitary pads to high school girls|
|Scheme Under:||Punjab Government|
|Announced by:||CMO Punjab, Mr. Amarinder Singh|
|Announcement date:||January 7, 2021|
|Beneficiaries:||High school and college girls|
|Benefit:||Free sanitary pads|
|Major Objective:||To improve health & hygiene of girl students in the state|
Scheme Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to improve health and hygiene of the girl students in the state
- Under this scheme sanitary pads will be distributed to the girl students studying in high schools/ colleges across the state, for free
- It aims at providing the sanitary pads to the girl students belonging to rural areas and poor background
- This scheme will enable the girls to maintain menstrual hygiene
- It will improve their overall quality of life related to menstruation and other walks.
- Punjab government announced a bunch of schemes for the high school and college girls in the state on January 7, 2021
- CMO Punjab, Mr. Amarinder Singh announced a scheme for distributing free sanitary pads, keeping in mind the importance of menstrual hygiene of females.
- Under this scheme free sanitary pads will be distributed to high school and college going girls
- It will mainly target to cover the girls belonging to rural and poor backgrounds
- Menstrual hygiene and using sanitary pads always have been a critical issue in rural poor areas, also financial constraints and ignorance add up to the same
- This thereby leads to severe illnesses or diseases in future
- Thus, this scheme will be a boon to all the girls to priorities and improve their health and hygiene
- CM dedicated the month of January for girl child
- He also announced distributing 2,500 sports kits to youngsters, gave congratulatory letters to parents of over 1.5 lakh girls celebrating their 1st Lohri festival this year, etc