Chhattisgarh government launched a new scheme for the tendu leave collectors across the state. On August 5, 2020, CMO Chhattisgarh- Mr. Bhupesh Baghel, announced this scheme for the tendu (beedi) leave collectors thereby providing them financial assistance. This scheme is named after the name of late Congress party leader Mahendra Karma.
|Scheme name:||Shaheed Mahendra Karma Samajik Suraksha Yojana|
|Scheme Under:||Chhattisgarh Government|
|Announced by:||CMO Chhattisgarh, Mr. Bhupesh Baghel|
|Launch Date:||August 5, 2020|
|Beneficiaries:||Tendu leave collectors in the state|
|Major Objective:||To provide financial assistance/security to the beneficiaries in case of uncertain events like death, accident or disability.|
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance and security to the tendu leave collectors in the state
- This scheme aims to benefit about 12.5 lakh families engaged in plucking of tendu leaves from the forests
- It aims to provide assistance in case of death, accident or disability
- This scheme provides a financial assistance of Rs. 30,000 in case of normal death, Rs. 75,000 in case of accidental death and permanent disability. In case of Partial disability Rs. 37,500 will be provided to the legal heir or nominee.
- In case of accident and permanent disability a financial assistance of Rs. 2 lakhs will be provided. In case of partial disability Rs. 1 lakh will be provided.
- With the implementation of this scheme, the applicable benefit will be transferred directly to the bank account of the beneficiary
- In case of disputes, the district union will tend to resolve the same within one month.
- The scheme is launched under the State Forest Department and Chhattisgarh Minor Forest Produce Cooperatives Union Limited
- Implementation will be done by State Minor Forest Produce Cooperatives Union Limited.
- This scheme was launched on the occasion of birth anniversary of the late leader of Congress party, Mr. Mahendra Karma. It is named after his name itself. CM paid tribute by garlanding his picture.
- The tendupatta collection rate has been revised from Rs. 2500 to Rs. 4000 per standard bag
- The benefit will be transferred to the beneficiary account within one month of the incident