The Odisha Government has launched Shishu Abond Matru Mrutyuhara Purna Nirakaran Abhiyan (SAMMPNA) Scheme for pregnant women in the state. It is a healthcare program aimed at reducing Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) & Maternal Mortality Rate (MMR). Primary objective is to make sure that the pregnant women are admitted to the hospitals at the time of delivery. It also encourages parents to visit doctors if the mother or the baby is ill. Odisha government will reimburse the transportation cost of Rs. 1,000 of pregnant women to the hospital at the time of delivery. Free baby kits will be given for infants to their mothers.
|Scheme:||Shishu Abond Matru Mrutyuhara Purna Nirakaran Abhiyan (SAMMPNA)|
|Objectives:||To reduce Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) & Maternal Mortality Rate (MMR)|
|Benefits:||Financial assistance for admitting pregnant women to the hospitals at the time of delivery, baby kits & many more|
SAMMPNA Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicable only in Odisha
- Applicable to the pregnant women from poor households
- Benefits are given only if the women is admitted to the hospital at the time of delivery
- Reimbursement of transportation cost of Rs. 1,000 along with health care services
- Rs. 500 for drop back to home after delivery in hospital & also after treatment of sick infants in Primary Health Care (PHCs) Centers
- Incentives of Rs. 50 to the mothers of children admitted to NRCs
- Bike ambulance services to start in the areas where regular ambulances don’t operate
Odisha government has allocated the budget of Rs. 398.29 crore for the SAMMPNA Yojana. Free baby kits will be distributed to 5.50 lakh mothers every year.