The Government of Karnataka will introduce Shrama Samarthya Scheme for welfare of construction workers in Karnataka. The scheme is announced post the state cabinate meeting in a press announcement. The Law Minister T. B. Jayachandra said government will provision Rs. 99.98 crore to implement the Shrama Samarthya Scheme. 37,440 construction workers in the state will get benefited from the scheme. Government will provide training and tool kits too under the scheme.
Some of the key important initiative by the Government of Karnataka are:
- Government will allow import of sand by the state run MSIL and also to private players
- The government is also planning to setup Karnataka German Technical Training Institute in Mysuru at the cost of Rs. 48 crore
Eligibility for Shrama Samarthya Scheme in Karnataka:
- Any construction worker working in state of Karnataka
How to apply for Shrama Samarthya Scheme in Karnataka: The scheme is announced recently and the government is yet to provide details of the scheme. Once the details are available we will update the article on how to apply for the Shrama Samarthya Scheme.
Highlights of Shrama Samarthya Scheme:
- Shrama Samarthya Yojana: a scheme for the welfare of construction workers in the Karnataka
- Government will provide training and tool sets to the workers
- 37,440 workers to benefit from the scheme
- Rs. 99.98 crores to be sent on the Shrama Samarthya Scheme