On November 9, 2021 Delhi government launched ‘Shramik Mitra’ scheme for assisting the construction workers. This scheme was launched in presence of Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia. Under this scheme the state government will appoint about 800 Shramik Mitras to reach out to the construction workers for informing them about the schemes launched by the state government. It intends to register the workers under applicable schemes and assist them till they get the scheme benefit. It will cover all the registered construction workers in the state. This scheme is launched for the welfare of the construction workers in the state.
|Scheme name||Shramik Mitra Scheme|
|Scheme under||Delhi Government|
|Launched in the presence of||Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia|
|Launch date||November 9, 2021|
|Beneficiaries||Construction workers in the state|
|Major objective||To ensure that the construction workers get information about various state government schemes and the scheme benefits thereby ensuring their welfare.|
Scheme Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide information about various state government schemes to the construction workers in the state.
- It aims to ensure that each worker get the applicable scheme benefit in the state.
- Under this scheme Shramik Mitras will visit the doorstep of construction workers to spread awareness about state government schemes.
- Shramik Mitras would also assist the workers in applying for the relevant scheme and getting the scheme benefit.
- This scheme will cover all the registered construction workers in the state.
- It intends to ensure welfare of the workers thereby aiming to help them live a life of dignity.
- ‘Shramik Mitra’ scheme is launched by the Delhi government on November 9, 2021.
- This scheme was launched in the presence of Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia.
- This scheme is launched for the benefit of the construction workers in the state.
- Under this scheme the state government will appoint about 800 ‘Shramik Mitras’ in the state.
- These Shramik Mitras would reach out to each construction worker and provide information about the state government schemes.
- All the construction workers registered under the construction board will be covered under this scheme.
- Shramik Mitras would also ensure enrolment of eligible workers under applicable scheme.
- They would also help the workers as required till they get the scheme benefit.
- 3-4 Shramik Mitras would be appointed for in all the wards for assisting the workers in that ward.
- Training would be provided to the Shramik Mitras under the scheme.
- These Shramik Mitras would spread awareness among the construction workers regarding the efforts made by the state government for their welfare and schemes launched for the same.
- State government is making various efforts for the welfare of the construction workers in the state and this scheme is a crucial step in the same direction.