On February 23, 2022 Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel started Smartphone subsidy to farmers in the state. Under this scheme the state government will provide financial assistance of 40% of the cost of smartphone or up to a maximum of Rs 6000 for purchasing smartphones costing up to Rs 15000. This scheme is mainly started for landholding farmers in Gujarat. It intends to encourage the farmers for using digital services. Smartphones will help the farmers in getting agriculture related information, schemes and services. This scheme is a crucial step towards Digital India mission. Marking the start of this scheme CM distributed Rs 1.84 lakh to 33 farmers in the state.
|Scheme||Smartphone Subsidy to Farmers|
|Scheme Under||Gujarat Government|
|Launch Date||February 23, 2022|
|Beneficiaries||Landholding Farmers in the state|
|Main Benefit||Financial assistance of 40% of the cost of smartphone or up to a maximum of Rs 6000 for purchasing smartphones|
|Major Objective||To provide financial assistance to the farmers for purchasing smartphones to help them to increase their work efficiency.|
|Scheme Budget||Rs 15 crore|
- This initiative covers all the landholding farmers in the state.
- Financial assistance will be provided to the farmers to purchase smartphones under this initiative.
- Smartphones will help the farmers to get the real time data about the agriculture schemes, information, weather forecasts, etc.
- Farmers will be able to apply online for various applicable schemes with the help of smartphones.
- It will encourage the farmers to use smartphones for accessing the digital services.
- This is a crucial step towards Digital India mission.
Online Application Process:
- Visit the official portal @i-khedut.gujarat.gov.in.
- Click on applicable link on the home page.
- Go through the details.
- Register, login and fill in the required details.
- Upload required documents and submit.
- Take a printout of the form for future reference.
- After verification by concerned authorities, the application will be approved.
- Then provide a copy of the purchase bill of the smartphone, mobile number, cancelled cheque, etc., as required.
- Aadhaar card
- Domicile certificate
- Copy of the purchase bill of the smartphone
- Mobile number
- Cancelled cheque
- Passport size photo
- Last date of Application – March 31, 2022