On August 31, 2021 Amarinder Singh launched the increase in Social Security Pension amount from Rs. 500 to Rs. 1500 per person. Under the Social security pension initiative, the old aged, handicapped, widows, destitute and other vulnerable category people in the state are provided with monthly pension facility. This pension is provided to the beneficiaries as a financial assistance in their old age. It tends to help the beneficiaries to live a socially secured life with dignity. This initiative aims to help them with fulfilling their daily needs and leading a peaceful life ahead. It will provide core assistance to the beneficiaries in actual need thereby ensuring their welfare.
|Scheme name||Social Security Pension|
|Scheme under||Punjab Government|
|Enhance Launched By||Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh|
|Beneficiaries||Old aged, handicapped, widows, destitute and other vulnerable category people in the state|
|Benefit||Financial security by the way of monthly pension|
|Revised Pension amount||Rs. 1500/- per month|
|Major Objective||To provide financial and social security to the vulnerable sections across the state.|
Scheme Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to plan for the future.
- This scheme aims to provide social security to the vulnerable sections in the state.
- All the aged, widows, handicapped, destitute and other in the state are covered under the scheme.
- Government has now increased the amount of pension to Rs. 1500 per month.
- This scheme will provide financial security will be provided to the vulnerable categories under this scheme.
- It aims at ensuring the welfare of the beneficiaries in the state.
- Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh launched the increase in the social security pension on August 31, 2021.
- Now the amount of social security pension to the beneficiaries is increased to Rs. 1500 per month.
- Under the social security pension all the aged, widows, handicapped, destitute and other in the state are covered.
- It aims at economic development of the vulnerable category people in the state.
- Marking the launch CM disbursed cheques to 10 beneficiaries in the state.
- During the launch CM also paid tribute to the former Chief Minister Sardar Beant Singh.
- About 27 lakh beneficiaries will be benefited through this increase in the pension amount.
- The increase in the amount of pension increased the annual budget for social security pensions up to Rs. 4,800 crores.
- This social security pension in the state will thereby tend to ensure financial security and welfare of the beneficiaries.