The Himachal Pradesh CM Jai Ram Thakur flagged of Startup Yatra in the state to promote start-up entrepreneurs and to promote entrepreneurship in the state. The primary objective of the Startup Yatra is to support innovative projects by the entrepreneurs in the state and create self-employment. Government of Himachal is committed all required help to the startups in the state. A Startup Yatra Van is flagged of by the CM from him official residence. The van will travel across the state and create awareness about startups.
The Himachal Startup Yatra is based on the PM Narendra Modi`s Startup India Stand Up India. The Startup India campaign has help many entrepreneurs succeed in their ventures.
The Startup van will take a halt at various educational institutes in the state and will provide opportunities to students to know more about the government initiative. The cities covered in the yatra are Shimla, Solan, Sirmour, Hamirpur, Kangra, Chamba, Kullu, and Mandi.
HP Startup Yatra: An initiative by the Himachal Government to promote startups and innovations.
Startup Yatra Objectives:
- To create awareness about startups
- To create startup cultures
- To promote self-employment and jobs in the state
- To boost state`s economy
Government will start startup incubators at various institutes in the states such as IIT Mandi, NIT Hamirpur, Agriculture University, Palampur, Science, Technology and Environment Council, Horticulture University Nauni, Bir Technology Park, HP University, CSIR Palampur and JPUIT Vaknaghat.
HP CM Startup Yatra Program Highlights:
- Will help startup entrepreneurs select various projects in manufacturing and service sectors
- Startup entrepreneurs will be provided trainings
- Government will ensure that startups become successful and ran professionally
- Following are the focus areas under HP Startup Yatra: technology-driven innovation sector, rural infrastructure and facilities, arts, crafts, water and sanitation, renewable energy, health care, clean technology, agriculture, horticulture and related areas, food processing, retail, tourism and hospitality, mobile, IT and bio-technology
Other Important Schemes:
- Schemes & subsidies in Himachal Pradesh
- List of scheme for startups
- List of employment schemes, self-employment and entrepreneurship