Student Police Cadet (SPC) Scheme is launched in Odisha. It is a two year program for students to inculcate discipline & social responsibility in the students. An Odisha government initiative will be launched in selected schools across the state.
Development Commissioner and Home Secretary Asit Kumar Tripathy integrated the scheme. The SPC scheme is meant for the class 8th & 10th students. Odisha School and Mass Education Department has identified 40 schools across the state where the SPC program will be implemented. 40 students from each school can participate in the SPC program. 50% seats are reserved for girls out of the total seats.
The program will be implemented in some of the selected central & state government schools. Out of 40 selected schools 33 are the state run schools where as 7 are central government schools. The scheme will be extended to other schools in the phased manner.
Student Police Cadet (SPC) Scheme: An Odisha government initiative to inculcate discipline & social responsibility in students
- To make sure that the students understand the importance of discipline
- To inculcate social responsibility in students at a very young state
- To make good responsible citizens of the future
- To give an insight into the life of the police staff
The SPC scheme is expected to tackle long term security challenges encountered by the police departments. The scheme is already implemented in other states such as Kerala, Karnataka, Telangana, Tamil Nadu etc. It is very successful in these states & hence the Odisha government has decided to implement the scheme in the state.
Eligibility / Who can Participate in Student Police Cadet (SPC) Scheme?
- Students of selected schools in Odisha
- Students of class 8th & 10th only are eligible
Student Police Cadet (SPC) Program:
- A two year program
- Students will be taught importance of discipline, law, team building, gender equality, safe & secure environment for all the citizens