The Odisha Government has launched Sunetra Scheme. It provides free eye check-up, treatment & spectacles for all. Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik launched the eye-care scheme for all the citizens of the state. The government is on the mission to provide universal eye health-care by 2023.
A budget of Rs. 680 crore is alloted to the scheme for first 5 years. Regular eye check-up camps will be conducted in the schools every year. All the students who are detected with vision issues will be given free spectacles.
Sunetra Scheme: A free eye care program by the Odisha government.
Objective: To provide universal eye health care by 2023.
Sunetra Scheme Eligibility:
- Applicable to all the residents of the Odisha
- Scheme is applicable for all irrespective of their economic backgrounds
- Free eye check-ups
- Free eye treatment in government hospitals without paperwork
- Free eye check-up programs for every year for students
- Free spectacles
- Scheme will soon provide free cataracts operations
The eye care & treatment will be will be provided in all the government community health centers (CHCs), district headquarter hospitals (DHHS), medical colleges, sub-divisional hospitals (SDHs).
Other Schemes in Odisha:
- List of scheme & subsidies in Odisha
- List of scheme related to free health-care
- Schemes by Naveen Patnaik