The Government of India on the fiftieth year of independence announced Swarnajayanti Fellowships Scheme for researchers and scientists. The fellowships provides financial support and facilitates the research in the best research institutes in India and seek assistance from oversees. The fellowship provided only to those who want to persive research in science and technology. Under the fellowship young and enthusiastic scientists across the country are chosen based on their track record.
Swarnajayanti Fellowships Scheme Benefits:
- Assistance to carry out research in the field of science & technology
- Fellowship of Rs. 25,000 per month for five years
- Fellows will also continue to get salaries from their parent institutes
- Fellows will also get grants for equipments, computational facilities, consumables, contingencies, national and international travel and other special requirements etc
Eligibility for Swarnajayanti Fellowships Scheme / Who can apply for Swarnajayanti Fellowships Scheme?
- The research project should have innovative research idea and it should have a potential of making impact on R&D in the discipline
- Only Indian nationals can apply
- The applicant must be employed in the recognized Indian academic or research organization
- Education: Only PhD holders in science / engineering / medicine can apply
- The applicant must not be getting any other grant / scholarship / fellowship from government
- Age: Applicant should be between the age of 30-40
Documents Required for Swarnajayanti Fellowships Scheme? No documents are required at the time of application but during verification following documents may be required:
- Identity card from the institute / organization applicant is working with
- Identity proof (PAN / ADHAAR card)
- Date of birth certificate
- Mark sheets and board certificates of the qualifying examinations
- Residence proof (Passport / Driving License)
How to apply for Swarnajayanti Fellowships Scheme: Step by step application procedure
STEP 1: Online applications can be done at Department of Science & Technology official website: https://onlinedst.gov.in/Login.aspx
STEP 2: Click on New PI Registration button & register yourself first
STEP 3: To register fill in complete form, enter login details, personal information, contact details & click on Submit button
STEP 4: Upon successful registration you will get verification email id, click on the verification link in the email
STEP 5: Click on the Generate Password link and setup password
STEP 6: Now CLICK HERE & login with your login credentials & follow further instructions to apply for Swarnajayanti Fellowships Scheme
- Department of Science & Technology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India (DST) official website
- How to use Electronics Project Management System (e-PMS)?
- New PI Registration Department of Science & Technology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India
Department of Science & Technology,
Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road,,
New Delhi-110 016.
Telephone: +91-11-26562122/25/33/44, 26567373, 26962819