Swayamsiddha Scheme launched by Ministry of Women and Child Development of Government of India is another remarkable work b central government in achieving the women empowerment. Under the scheme special pressure is given to self-help groups (SHG), and even swayamsiddha itself means helping one self. With the SHGs govt. wants women to be enough self-sufficient that she can overcome her own problem. But due to poor conditions, family responsibility or due to some other factor women’s leave their education and now they are away from mainstream. The main objective of the scheme is to empower women by educating them and bringing them into mainstream.
Benefits of Swayamsiddha Scheme:
- Women education: Since the scheme specially promotes women education, women will get educated
- Family progress: It’s well said that when a man gets educated it’s only he who get education, but when a women gets educated its complete family who’s educated.
- Economic development: After women enters mainstream, she’ll also be able to contribute in house expenses
- Becoming an entrepreneur: Since the scheme ask women’s to from SHG, they likely creates many opportunities for themselves. With complete team village women’s can start a business.
- Now as women’s are getting aware of their surrounding world the village, taluka, district will also develop.
Eligibility for Swayamsiddha Scheme:
- The targeted area should have low women literacy rate
- The targeted area with low women population are also eligible
- Minimum of 10-15 women should be there to start the scheme
There is a wide committee of members which unanimously works and decides on selection of target area for the implementation of scheme. Once they shortlist the area scheme is implemented by them. Yes, certain recommendations may work in particular area’s favor but area should show self-interest, that’s what you can do to get scheme implemented, otherwise the process is completely on the committee.
Whom to contact where to contact for more information about the scheme:
- Municipal Corporation
- Gram Panchayat
- Aangawadi Centers
- Voluntary Organization in your area
- Project Implementation Agencies in respective area
References and Details:
Complete detail on process: http://pib.nic.in/feature/feyr2001/fnov2001/f051120011.html