The Tamil Nadu Government has announced Tatkal Free Power Scheme for farmers in the state. Under the scheme the government will provide free power to the agriculture sector in Tamil Nadu, the farmers just needs to make onetime connection payment based on the power of the pump sets.
Tatkal Free Power Scheme TN was launched on 6th September 2017 and the scheme has received good response so far, a total of 7,007 farmers in the state has applied for the scheme since the scheme is launched. Out of them 4,285 has already paid the one-time fees.
What is Tatkal Free Power Scheme? The free electricity connection scheme for the farmers in Tamil Nadu, where in which farmers just needs to pay one-time connection fees based on the pump set capacity.
Tatkal Free Power Scheme Connection Fees:
- 5 HP motor connection: ₹2.5 lakh
- 7.5 HP motor connection: ₹2.75 lakh
- 10 HP motor connection: ₹3 lakh
- 15 HP motor connection: ₹4 lakh
Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation (TANGEDCO) is responsible for implementation of the scheme.
Documents Required for Tatkal Free Power Scheme:
- Land and well ownership certificate issued by Village Administrative Officer (VAO)
- Sketch showing location of the land and well from Village Administrative Officer (VAO)
- Chitta, Adangal
- Patta/Sale Deed
- If the well is located near, the well/bore well of the Government, river bed area, Hydro Electric Project area then “No Objection Certificate” (NOC) is required from the concerned authority
- Signature of the owner of the well, if there are more than one owner then sign and NOC from others is required too
Tatkal Free Power Scheme Application Form & How to Apply?
The application form form the scheme is available on the official website (tangedco.gov.in) of the Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation (TANGEDCO). CLICK HERE to download application form for Tatkal Free Power Scheme.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Application Form for Agriculture Service connection
The duly filled application form along with the required documents needs to be submitted to the Executive Engineer/Operation and Maintenance Office of the jurisdiction concerned. Get the acknowledgement receipt from the office which will have registration number and date of the application.
Application Fees: Rs. 50
For More Details: