The TCS Research Fellowship Scheme, announced by N Chandrasekaran, TCS CEO & MD, at Sangam 2009 in the TCS Annual Academic Meet, seeks to enhance the talent base in India. TCS will annually sponsor 40 research students for a Ph.D. program in computing science, across India. There is a big gap between the demand and supply of quality scientists in the computational science department in India. Recent studies indicate the growing need for more research in this area to help develop intellectual property in the country. To address this gap, TCS created the Research Scholar Program to improve the research talent base in the country. TCS has identified and shortlisted 61 top-ranking institutes and universities in India with active Ph.D. programs in the computing sciences. Invitations seeking applications for the Research Scholar Programme are sent out to these institutes in January and July. The scheme is only applicable for the following study areas:
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Software Engineering
Benefits of the TCS Research Fellowship:
- Stipend: A stipend of Rs. 18,000 per month will be paid by TCS for the first two years and Rs.20,000 per month for the next two years of the scholarship.
- Support to the TCS Research Scholar: The Scholar gets a chance to participate in one International Refereed Conference, held outside India, during the four-year period.
- Support for the guide of the TCS Research Scholar: The Guide gets a chance to participate in one International Refereed Conference, held outside India, during the four-year period.
- Support for the scholar to participate in two International / National Refereed Conferences, held in India, during the four-year period
- Contingency Grant: A one-time contingency grant of Rs. 1,00,000 to the institute for every student enrolled as a TCS Research Scholar in order to meet any incidental expenses.
- Visits & Interactions of TCS Research Scholar to TCS Innovation Laboratories based on project’s needs.
Required Eligibility and Conditions for TCS Research Fellowship:
- A student should not be more than 28 years of age as on admission into the scholarship scheme.
- The student should have secured the first class in all examinations since school.
- Candidate should have registered as full-time students in the institute/college where the Ph.D. admission is being sought.
- This fellowship may be taken in addition to the Ph.D. scholarship that the student receives from other sources.
- Applications must be submitted in the following format:
- Letter of application from the student
- Letter of support by the institute
- The research area write-up, which should include a short review, broad problem statement, proposed scope, and focus
- Student’s CV: Education, grades obtained, honors, publication list, work experience (if any)
- CV of the proposed guide
- Applications for the scheme should be routed through the institute.
- Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com
- The applicant can contact to following toll-free number for more information
- Phone No: 1800-209-3111
References & Details:
- For more information regarding TCS Research Fellowship visit: http://www.tcs.com/about/tcs_difference/innovation/Documents/Researcher_FAQs.pdf