We Tech Goldman Sachs Scholarship for Women program offered by in a partnership of Institute of International Education (IIE) and Goldman Sachs for the female candidates in India who are studying in the 2 or 3 years of undergraduate program in the any of the technical subjects and the subjects can be Engineering, computer science or any other ICT related program. Goldman Sachs Scholarship for Women program mainly aims to make young woman students a future leader in the field of Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) in India. This scholarship is given to more than 25 young women and future leaders. The selected 25 We Tech Goldman Sachs Scholars will receive a merit-based scholarship for the current academic year and 6 months virtual mentorship from Goldman Sachs experienced mentors. The six months mentorship program will enable these young women to connect with professionals working in the different field.
Benefits of the We Tech Goldman Sachs Scholarship:
- Scholarship Amount: 25 selected female students from India will be eligible to receive a monthly of $1,500 (about Rs 97,000) as scholarship amount for the academic year. Scholarship amount may be used to cover student’s course fee.
- Virtual Mentorship: The selected female students will also have a chance to be complete a 6-month virtual mentorship from the month June/July to December. The 6-month virtual mentorship will be mentored by the experienced mentor from Goldman Sachs.
Required Eligibility and Conditions for We Tech Goldman Sachs Scholarship:
- The students must be studying in undergraduate program
- The applicant must be an Indian female student and currently studying in the 2 or 3 Year of her undergraduate program.
- The applicants must be doing technical undergraduate programs in any of the subjects given below:
- Computer Science or
- Any other ICT related course
- Candidate must be a student from any of the listed below colleges
- Cummins College for Women, Pune
- MNNIT, Allahabad
- PEC, Chandigarh
- PSG College of Technology
- Rajasthan College of Engineering for Women, Jaipur
- RVCE, Bangalore
- The applicants should be able to demonstrate leadership potential in the program they are currently studying in. The applicants will have to produce a reference letter regarding this.
- The applicants must be available to participate in the virtual mentorship for a six-month period from June/July to December
Document Required for We Tech Goldman Sachs Scholarship:
- All documents should be in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or PDF (.pdf) format with maximum file size 2 MB
- University Transcript for the most recent school year (unofficial scanned copy or official copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- The eligible female students have to apply for the We-Tech Goldman Sachs Scholarship only through online mode on the official website
- The candidates have to visit the official website and click the option Apply Online. Now the candidates have to provide initial details about her such as name, gender, the name of the scholarship information source, name of the current University, year or the program, the course beginning date & year, expected graduation date, the name of the graduation subject.
- Now the candidates have to provide personal details like email address, date of birth, Current mailing address, telephone number, country of citizenship etc.
- Now the candidates have to write in the box given there about her extracurricular activities (if have) or currently participating, hobbies, positions (paid or volunteer), training & internship positions. The applicants also have to write on her leadership capabilities. Now the participants have to proceed for next page.
- The participants have to now write the list of all awards she has been honored for, names of the scholarships that she has received in last 4 years.
- Now the participant has to write all the details asked there under the given criteria. After providing all the details, the participants have to now upload her latest passport size color photograph which must fulfill the size and dimension criteria given there.
- All the application forms received by the authority will be reviewed and the candidates will be informed of their selection in June
- For more information applicant can contact to following address: Institute of International Education – India, J-19, First Floor, Hauz Khas Enclave, New Delhi-110016, India
- Tel: +91 11 46631434
- Tele Fax: +91 11 46631430
- E-mail: email@example.com
References & Details:
- For more information about We Tech Goldman Sachs Scholarship visit: https://www.iie.org/en/Why-IIE/Announcements#.WNuKFdJ96Um