The Election Commission of India has announced the Telangana Assembly Election 2018 Dates. The Telangana Rashtra Samiti chief and the Chief Minister Shree. K Chandrashekhar Rao has dissolved the state legislative assembly (Vidhan Sabha) in September 2018 i.e. nine months before the end of his actual tenure. The election commission needs to conduct the elections in next six months. The EC had time till February to conduct elections in the state. They decided to conduct the elections with the other states such as Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Mizoram.
Telangana Assembly Election 2018 Dates:
- Date of issue of gazette notification: 12th November 2018
- Last date of filling nominations / candidature (submission of election form): 19th November 2018
- Scrutiny of nominations: 20th November 2018
- Last date of withdrawal of nominations: 22nd November 2018
- Date of polling/voting for Vidhan Sabha: 7th December 2018
- Date of counting / poll result announcements: 11th December 2018
Presently the incumbent Chief Minister Shree K Chandrashekhar Rao is the first CM of the newly formed state and the present assembly is the first assembly as well. The Telangana elections 2018 will elect second state assembly of the state along with the second chief minister.
All the national level parties along with state parties and independent candidates will be contesting the elections. The main fight will be between the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS), Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP), Indian National Congress (INC), AP CM Chandrababu Naidu led Telgu Desam Party (TDP), Telangana Jan Samithi (TJS) and AIMIM. The Congress, TDP and CPIon has formed an alliance called “Maha Kotami” (Grand Alliance) and will be contesting the elections together. The alliance is formed primarily to beat the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) and to stop BJP from coming to power.
Now since the Telangana assembly election 2018 dates are announced the model code of conduct is applicable in the state and the CM has the limited power. All the parties has started gearing up for the vidhan sabha elections and started preparing lists for the candidates for Telangana assembly election 2018. May of the agencies have started working and publishing Telangana elections opinion poll 2018 as well.
The present chief and CM of Telangana KCR will the the Telangana Rashtra Samiti`s CM candidate where as congress is in the alliance and has not announced the Chief Ministerial candidate as yet. The INC Telangana Incharge Shree R.C. Khuntia told in the press conference that the CM will be announced post election results based on the decision of the elected representatives of the alliance.
The Telangana state legislative assembly has 119 seats and polling will happen in single phase and on the same day across the state. The Telangana Election commission will conduct the elections. Their job is to conduct the free and fare elections in the state. They operate under the Election Commission of India.
Telangana Elections 2018:
- How to apply online at nvsp.in for voter ID card?
- Telangana voter ID card download online: Find by name, EPIC no, house no, print voter slip from ceotelangana.nic.in
- Telangana Voter List 2018 (ceotelangana.nic.in): CEO Telangana electoral roll with photo download