The Tamil Nadu government has launched Mission International Scheme for the sports person in the state. Selected athletes will be given yearly stipend of Rs. 10 lakh for trainings, participating in events & purchase of equipments.
Read More: Schemes, sponsorships & stipend for athletes
The objective of the scheme is to promote sports in the state & help athletes financially so that they can win medals for India. The scheme is primarily for the athletes from the weaker sections of the society who has performed well at the national & international levels.
|TN Mission International Scheme|
|Benefits:||Financial assistance for the athletes|
|Beneficiaries:||Athletes from the weaker sections of the society|
- Stipend of Rs. 10 lakh every year
- It can be used for trainings, participating in various sports events, purchasing sports kits & equipments
- Applicable only to the residents of the Tamil Nadu
- Applicable only to the athletes from the weaker sections of the society
- Applicable only to the athletes who has won medals at the national & international events
- For senior levels the athletes must have won medals at the national levels &
- For junior levels, the athletes must have won medals at the international levels
50 such athletes who are chosen based on the eligibility criteria will be given stipend. 5 out of them will be differently-abled.
Read More: List of schemes in Tamil Nadu
Quality trainings, good equipments are important to compete at the international levels. The Mission International Scheme will ensure all of them for the budding athletes in the state. This year government has shortlisted 37 athletes & they will be given the stipend.