Government of India has launched Transport and Marketing Assistance (TMA) Scheme to boost export of the agricultural products. Central government will provide financial assistance for transporting agricultural products & marketing them. The primary objectives of the scheme is to increase the agricultural exports & increase farmers income.
|Transport and Marketing Assistance (TMA) Scheme|
|Benefits:||Reimbursement of partial transport (freight) charges & marking assistance|
|Beneficiaries:||Agricultural commodity exporters & farmers|
|Duration:||1st March 2019 till March 2020|
- The scheme is applicable only for the agricultural exports
- Applicable only for the export to the selected countries in the Europe and North America
- It cover fright & marketing assistance for export by sea & air
- Applicable on normal & refrigerated cargo
- Assistance is given if the payments are received in free foreign exchange through normal banking channels
- Reimbursement of partial freight charges
- Marketing assistance
The assistance is provided to the container having both eligible and ineligible category of cargo & Less than Container Load (LCL). Assistance in case of air cargo is calculated based on the net weight of the cargo.
Freight Charges Reimbursement Amount:
- Reimbursement of Rs 31,500/tonne will be provided for refrigerated shipments to South America
- Reimbursement Rs 28,700 for North America &
- Rs 24,500 to Oceania which includes Australia & New Zealand through sea route
- Rs 3,500 per ton of freight reimbursement will be provided for exports through air route to South American countries &
- Rs 2,800 to North America & Oceania
Other regions covered under the scheme are European Union, Gulf region, ASEAN nations, Russia & CIS countries.