Udyogini schemes is launched by the Government for promoting and encouraging women entrepreneurs in India. It is implemented by Women Development Corporation. This scheme aims to provide financial assistance in the form of loans to the women doing business/ willing to do business. It majorly supports the women belonging to rural or lower income category.
|Scheme name:||Udyogini Scheme|
|Launched by:||Government of India|
|Implemented By:||Women Development Corporation|
|Beneficiaries:||Indian women entrepreneurs who fulfill the eligibility criteria|
|Loan Amount:||Maximum up to 3 Lakhs|
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance in the form of loans to the Indian women entrepreneurs belonging to poor, rural or lower income groups
- It also aims to provide practical training regarding owning a business
- This scheme aims at increasing the income of women and their familied
- It also aims at promoting rural women entrepreneurship, independence, and self-reliance.
- This will lead to overall women welfare and economic development in the long run.
- This scheme will provide financial assistance to women through Interest free loans.
- Practical training imparted under this scheme will help the women to understand – handling businesses- more efficiently.
- The loans can be availed to start a huge variety of 88 small scale businesses
- 30% subsidy is extended by the govt. on these loans
- The applicant must be a woman
- She should not be below 18 years and more than 55 years of age
- Her family income should be less than Rs.1.5 lakh p.a.
How to enroll:
- To apply for loan under Udyogini scheme, the applicant has to visit the bank and get the loan form prescribed
- The applicant can also go to the bank’s website and download the form and take a printout
- Fill in the details and ‘attach the required documents.
- Submit the form and all the required documents.
- After verification and processing, loan will be passed and amount will be credited to the beneficiary’s account.
- Aadhaar Card
- Birth Certificate
- BPL Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Letter written on the letter pad of MLA/MP
- Passport sized photo
- Under this scheme, interest free loan up to 3 lakhs is sanctioned.
- 88 small businesses like agarbatti manufacturing, papad making, bakeries, book binding, chalk/crayon making, dairy, fish stalls, household articles retail, paper marts, tea stalls, library, sewing etc are included.
- Practical training is imparted for skill development.
- Loans under this scheme are offered by various co-operative banks, RRBs and Commercial banks, Public and Private sector banks.
- Punjab and Sind bank and Saraswat Bank are the leading loan providers in this scheme.
- No collateral security is required.
- No processing fee is charged.
- Widowed, Disabled and Destitute women are exempted from age and income limits.