The Government of Goa has announced a new scheme for Pig Farming in the state called Varah Palan Scheme (वराह पालन योजना). The scheme will provide financial assistance for pig farming and to increase the production.
What is Varah Palan Scheme (वराह पालन योजना)? A government of Goa scheme for purchase and rearing of exotic and crossbred pigs and to increase the production of pigs in Goa.
Varah Palan Scheme Benefits:
- Financial assistance for the purchase of pigs
- 25% Subsidy for purchase and rearing of 20 Sows and 2 boars
- Subsidy on the pig farming infrastructure
Varah Palan Scheme Eligibility / Who can apply?
- Residents of Goa who is leaving in the state for more than 5 years
- The applicant must have undergone the course of piggery management
- Though anyone from the state can apply but the pig farms can be only in village panchayat limits
Documents Required for Varah Palan Scheme:
- Duly filled application form which can be collected from the respective veterinary officer or directorate of animal husbandry and veterinary services (AVHS)
- NOC from the village panchayat for setting up pig farm
How to apply for Varah Palan Scheme / How Varah Palan Scheme Works?
- Individual farmers can purchase piglets of maximum 20 kg or adult sows and boars of maximum 90 kg
- They can be purchased from the government piggery farm
- If they are not available then they can be purchased from any registered pig farm after obtaining NOC from government farm incharge and needs prior permission from the director of animal husbandry and veterinary services (AVHS)
- Submit the application along with NOC from the village panchayat for setting up piggery unit
- After verification the subsidy will be released to the applicant
- List of Schemes in Goa
- Department of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Services (AVHS) Goa
- Department of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Services (AVHS) Goa: Assistance for Piggery Development
- Application form for setting up piggery unit consisting of 20 sows and 2 boars with 25% subsidy from Goa government