On August 7, 2021 Vatan Prem Yojana was launched in Gujarat focusing on rural development through public and state contribution. Under this scheme the state government will undertake various rural developmental projects and activities. This scheme will be undertaken with 40% state government’s contribution and 60% contribution from the general public. The state government has invited Non Resident Gujaratis and NRIs are also invited to contribute. This scheme aims to provide them an opportunity to change the love for nation into service for nation. This scheme aims at making the rural areas self-reliant. It is an important step in the holistic development of villages. On September 4, 2021 first meeting of the governing body under the scheme, headed by the Chief Minister Vijay Rupani was held. The governing body has proposed activities of about Rs. 1000 crores to be completed by December 2022.
|Scheme name||Vatan Prem Yojana|
|Scheme Under||Gujarat Government|
|Launched On||August 07, 2021|
|Applicable to||Villages across the state|
|Major Objective||To achieve holistic development of villages through public and state contribution.|
Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to enable integrated development of villages in the state.
- Development under this scheme will include various facilities for the villagers like school class rooms, primary health centers, library, community hall, water recycling, lake beautification, etc.
- It will enable holistic development in the rural areas of the state.
- This scheme will provide an opportunity to NRG and NRI community to contribute to serve the motherland.
- It will enable combined effort of government and public donors for welfare and rural development in the state.
- This scheme will boost the rural economy in the long run.
Developmental work under the scheme:
- School class room or smart class
- Community hall
- Primary Health Centre
- Anganwadi, Mid-day meal kitchen and Storeroom
- Facilities for gymnasium along with equipment
- CCTV camera surveillance system
- Water recycling system, Sewer/ STP, etc.
- Lake Beautification
- ST Bus stand
- Solar powered streetlights and water tube wells – for running the water tank motor of the well
Key Points and Features:
- Gujarat government has come up with Vatan Prem Yojana for enabling holistic rural development in the state.
- It is a biggest campaign for public participation in developmental activities.
- Under this scheme various developmental activities will be conducted through contribution in the ratio 40:60 by government and public respectively.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani will head Vatan Prem Society for attaining the goals under this scheme.
- State government will set up a Project management unit for implementation of the scheme.
- An Escrow bank account will be set up under the scheme for managing donations online.
- State government has set up an official web portal @vatanprem.org for providing transparency on the scheme details, overall activities, process for donation, contact details, helpline support, etc.
- Individuals including NRG and NRI Gujarati community can make donations by registering on the portal.
- Donors can donate for one village for one work or multiple villages and multiple works.
- Donor can also choose the agency for work execution and the state government will provide approval accordingly.
- The donor will get entire information about the concerned ongoing project/ activity through the portal itself.
- Dedicated call center facility will also be provided to the donors for providing information and handling grievances or queries if any.
- This scheme is mainly for the development of villages in the state.
- It will enable an opportunity to the public to provide service for their motherland.