On July 31,2020, Education Minister of Himachal Pradesh, Suresh Bharadwaj headed a meeting of the cabinet for deciding over Vidyarthi Credit Card Scheme. This scheme will be mainly for providing affordable and simplified education loan to eligible students.
|Scheme name:||Vidyarthi Credit Card Scheme|
|Scheme Under:||Himachal Pradesh Government|
|Beneficiaries:||Eligible students across the state|
|Major Objective:||To provide affordable and simplified education loans|
Scheme Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide education loans to the eligible students
- With the help of this scheme, no financial constraints will affect the studies of students
- This scheme aims to provide loans at affordable interest rates
- The procedure of applying for the loan and availing the same will be simplified
- This scheme will enable the students to go for higher education and thus develop the overall level of education across the state in the long run
Key Points of the meeting held:
- Education minister headed the meeting and directed the department to prepare Vidyarthi Credit Card Scheme
- A proposal for amendments in HP Private educational institutions act, 1997 was made
- Changes in the education facilities and modernization in the system was discussed in the meeting.
- Wi-Fi facilities provided, Laptops, coaching for competitive exams, IRDP scholarship, Relief in tuition fees, etc provisions already made were discussed
- The department is also directed to start yoga, chess and music classes in the government schools.
- Industry minister, Forest Minister, Secretary GAD, Secretary Education, Special Secretary Finance, Director Higher Education, Director Elementary Higher Education, and other senior officers were also present in the meeting
- An official press release of the meeting and scheme discussion is also published by the government