The Andhra Pradesh Government is planning to launch an innovative scheme for rural youth in the state, the Work From Home for Rural Masses Scheme (WFHRMS). The objective of the scheme is to provide employment opportunities in the rural areas and empower them. The AP government has laid down fiber optic network (FiberNet) across the state. Internet connectivity is provided to rural areas at low cost Rs. 150 per month via FiberNet. The internet services are enjoyed by the villager for watching movies and entertainment but now government wants to use the infrastructure to empower and provide job opportunities in the rural areas.
What is Work From Home for Rural Masses Scheme (WFHRMS)? An innovative scheme by the government of Andhra Pradesh to provide Work From Home job opportunities to rural youth, housewives and unemployed. They can work on the simple data entry type of work and earn sitting in their villages.
Work From Home for Rural Masses Scheme Eligibility:
- Youth, housewives and unemployed in villages in AP can apply
- Min educational qualification: 10th pass
- Must own a computer & web cam
- Must have basic computer operating experience
Work From Home for Rural Masses Scheme (WFHRMS): How it works?
- Data entry jobs will be given to the selected candidates
- First American Corporation and a Europe-based BPO is also supporting the government and will provide job opportunities
- Employees will be monitored via webcams
- Salaries will be paid via digital modes
The WFHRMS will provide alternate income source to the villagers and will empower and encourage them to lead a good and healthy life. It will also improve socio-economic situation in the villages. It will also help government stop/reduce farmers suicides. The scheme will be run on the trail basis for a couple of months before making it available across the Andhra Pradesh.