Defence Ministry launched a new scheme- Chhavni COVID: Yodha Sanrakshan Yojana, for the Cantonment employees. On August 25, 2020, Defence Minister- Mr. Rajnath Singh announced this scheme for the employees in Cantonment Boards thereby providing them a life insurance cover. This insurance cover is to cover any unfortunate fatal incident.
|Scheme name:||Chhavni COVID: Yodha Sanrakshan Yojana,|
|Scheme Under:||Central Government|
|Launched by:||Defence Minister, Mr. Rajnath Singh|
|Launch Date:||August 25, 2020|
|Scheme Type:||Life Insurance Scheme|
|Beneficiaries:||Cantonment Employees across India|
|Benefit:||Group Life Insurance Cover through LIC|
|Major Objective:||To provide life insurance cover for any unforeseen fatal incident.|
Scheme Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide a life insurance cover to cantonment employees
- More than 10,000 employees are covered under one group insurance scheme under this scheme
- Benefit of 5 lakhs will be provided under this scheme in case of any fatal incidence
- This scheme aims to cover all the permanent and contractual employees from cantonment areas
- It aims to insure the lives of all the employees for security and well-being.
- Yodha Sanrakshan Yojana is launched by Finance minister in a webinar held on August 25, 2020
- It is a group insurance scheme for all the cantonment employees through Life Insurance Corporation of India
- Under the scheme, more than 10,000 employees from all the 62 cantonment boards across the county will be covered
- Benefit of Rs. 5 lakhs will be provided in case of any unforeseen fatal incident
- All permanent, contractual employees including doctors, paramedics and sanitation staff are covered under the scheme
- Improving the implementation of centrally sponsored schemes in the cantonment areas was also discussed in the webinar.
- A press release has been published regarding the webinar and official scheme details @ pib.gov.in