Andhra Pradesh government will launch ‘YSR Asara Scheme’ on September 11, 2020. CMO Andhra Pradesh, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy will be announcing the launch. The main aim of the scheme is to empower women and to provide them with financial stability. Through this scheme it is aimed to waive off the loans of women belonging to SC, ST, BC and other minorities from the Self-Help Groups (SHGs). Under the scheme, outstanding loans of SHGs will be reimbursed. For the benefit of 7,91,257 SHGs a total of Rs. 6345.87 crores will be issued.
|Scheme name:||YSR Asara Scheme|
|Scheme by:||Andhra Pradesh Government|
|Introduced by:||CMO Andhra Pradesh, Mr. YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Approved On:||August 19, 2020|
|Launch Date:||September 11, 2020|
|Beneficiaries:||Women members of SHGs belonging to SC, ST, BC and other minority categories across the state|
|Benefit:||Financial assistance through waiving off the outstanding loans|
|Major Objective:||To provide financial assistance to women and empower them|
- The main objective of the scheme is to empower the women
- This scheme aims to provide a financial assistance by waiving off the loans taken by the women belonging to SHGs, to avoid the vicious circle of debts
- It aims to encourage the financial stability of women across the state.
- This scheme will help the women belonging to the self-help groups/ co-operative societies as all the loans will be waived off under this scheme
- All the previous outstanding loans will be reimbursed
- New loans will be issued at zero interest rates to the women
- It will better the way of living of these women and their families.
- It will boost the rural economy of the state in the long run.
- This scheme is only applicable to women
- Applicant woman should be permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh
- She should be a part of self-help group (SHGs)
- YSR Asara scheme is one among the Navratnalu programme of YSRCP.
- This scheme aims at benefiting 7,91,257 SHGs across the state
- The total estimated expenditure for the benefit of SHGs is Rs. 6345.87 crores
- The government has planned to waive of the loans as on April 11, 2019 taken by the women belonging to SC, ST, BC and other minorities from SHGs in 4 installments.
- It was observed that women in the state have to bear the burden of loans along with expenses towards education, health care, emergencies, etc and this leads them into the vicious circle of high interest debt and constant burden of repayment.
- The total of outstanding loans as on the cut-off date was calculated as Rs. 25,383.49 crore
- Thus, this scheme will be launched by the government as per its promise to reimburse all the outstanding loans.
- This scheme mainly aims at welfare of women
- The launch date of the scheme is September 11, 2020