Andhra Pradesh government is about to launch ‘YSR Cheyutha scheme’ in the state for empowering women and thereby developing the state’s rural economy as a whole. Under this scheme financial assistance is provided to the women belonging to lower income groups. This scheme is introduced by CMO Andhra Pradesh, Mr. YS Jagan Mohan Reddy and is to be launched on August 12, 2020. The state government has sanctioned a budget of Rs. 6300 crores for this scheme.
|Scheme name:||YSR Cheyutha Scheme|
|Scheme by:||Andhra Pradesh Government|
|Introduced by:||CMO Andhra Pradesh, Mr. YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Launch Date:||August 12, 2020|
|Beneficiaries:||Women belonging to minority and lower income groups across the state|
|Benefit:||Financial Assistance of Rs. 75,000/- and self-employment opportunities|
|Major Objective:||To empower women and develop the rural economy of the state as a whole.|
- The main objective of the scheme is to empower the women belonging to minority, SC, ST, BC categories.
- This scheme aims to provide a financial assistance of Rs. 75,000 to the women in 4 installments of Rs. 18,750 each year for four years.
- It aims to encourage self-employment and business opportunities.
- It also aims to boost the rural economy which is affected by the current covid 19 situations.
- This scheme will encourage women to take up new self-employment or business opportunities.
- It will better the way of living of these women and their families.
- The financial aid will be directly transferred by the state government to the beneficiary bank account
- It will boost the rural economy of the state in the long run.
- This scheme is only applicable to women
- Applicant woman should be permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh
- She should belong to minority category – SC/ST/BC/Other minorities
- She should be in between 45-60 years of age group
- With reference to the YSR Cheyutha scheme, Andhra Pradesh government has signed a MOU with 3 companies named Hindustan Unilever Limited, ITC and Procter and Gamble(P&G)
- This scheme targets to benefit about 25 lakhs women of the state
- Budget sanctioned for this scheme is Rs. 6,300 crores
- 4 equivalent proportions of Rs. 18,750 each year, will be credited to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries
- This scheme mainly aims at welfare of women
- The process for registration and application will be announced at the launch of the scheme on August 12, 2020