On July 22, 2021 Chief Minister Andhra Pradesh, Mr. YS Jagan Mohan Reddy released funds for second installment of YSR Kapu Nestham. This scheme was started by the Andhra Pradesh government on June 24, 2020. Under this scheme, the government provides financial assistance of Rs. 75,000 to the women belonging to Kapu, Bajila, Ontari and Telaga castes in the state. This financial assistance is provided in 5 equal installments of Rs. 15,000 every year for 5 years. It aims at encouraging women for taking up self-employment opportunities for generating income. It tends to empower women and to provide them with financial stability.
|Scheme name:||YSR Kapu Nestham|
|Scheme by:||Andhra Pradesh Government|
|Introduced By:||CMO Andhra Pradesh, Mr. YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Started On:||June 24, 2020|
|Funds Release Date (for 2nd installment):||July 22, 2021|
|Beneficiaries:||Women belonging Kapu, Bajila, Ontari and Telaga castes in the state|
|Age Group:||45-60 years|
|Benefit:||Financial assistance of Rs. 75,000/- in 5 annual installments of Rs. 15,000/-|
|Major Objective:||To provide financial assistance to women and empower them|
Objectives & Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to empower the women belonging to Kapu, Bajila, Ontari and Telaga castes in the state
- This scheme aims to provide a financial assistance of Rs. 75,000 in 5 installments of Rs. 15,000 per annum for 5 years to eligible women
- It tends to encourage women in the state to take up self employment opportunities in the state
- It aims to encourage income earning mindset of the women and thereby ensure financial stability to women across the state.
- This will better the way of living of these women and their families
- It tends to provide social security and ensure welfare of women in the state
- Women in the age group of 45-60 years only belonging to Kapu, Bajila, Ontari and Telaga castes in the state are covered
- Total family income should be less than Rs. 10,000/- per month in rural areas and Rs. 12,000/- per month in urban areas
- Total land holding of the family should be less than 3 acres of wet land and 10 acres of dry land or 10 acres of both wet and dry land together
- No family member should be government employee or pensioner
- Family should not own 4-wheeler (Taxi/ Auto/ Tractors Exempted)
- No family member should pay income tax
- In urban areas family who owns no property or less than 750 sq. ft. built up area
- YSR Kapu Nestham is a welfare scheme started by the Andhra Pradesh government on June 24, 2020
- It is a scheme launched for providing assistance to the women belonging to Kapu, Bajila, Ontari and Telaga castes in the state are covered
- State government has undertaken many schemes for the benefit and welfare of the Kapu community in the state
- Under this scheme financial assistance of Rs. 75,000 in 5 installments of Rs. 15,000 per annum for 5 years to eligible women
- This assistance is provided to the women for encouraging them to take up self-employment opportunities and undertaking income generating activities
- The amount of assistance under this scheme will be provided to the beneficiaries in their respective bank accounts through DBT
- On July 22, 2021 Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy released Rs. 490.86 crores for second installment under the scheme
- This will benefit about 3,27,244 beneficiary women in the state
- CM stated that in last 2 years the state government has already spent Rs. 12,126 crores for the welfare of Kapu community out of which Rs. 982 crores were spent on YSR Kapu Nestham.
- This scheme aims at empowering women and making them independent
- It aims at providing social security to the women for ensuring their dignified life
- This scheme aims at benefiting 7,91,257 SHGs across the state
- The total estimated expenditure for the benefit of SHGs is Rs. 6345.87 crores
- The government has planned to waive of the loans as on April 11, 2019 taken by the women belonging to SC, ST, BC and other minorities from SHGs in 4 installments.
- It was observed that women in the state have to bear the burden of loans along with expenses towards education, health care, emergencies, etc and this leads them into the vicious circle of high interest debt and constant burden of repayment.
- The total of outstanding loans as on the cut-off date was calculated as Rs. 25,383.49 crore
- Thus, this scheme will be launched by the government as per its promise to reimburse all the outstanding loans.
- This scheme mainly aims at welfare of women
- The launch date of the scheme is September 11, 2020