The Andhra Pradesh cabinet has approved three welfare schemes. The schemes are YSR Pelli Kanuka, YSR Sports Incentive Scheme & YSR Arthika Pathakam Scheme. They are financial assistance schemes for various sections of the society. Under YSR Pelli Kanuka financial assistance is given to brides. whereas YSR Sports Incentive Scheme is a cash prize award scheme for sports person & YSR Arthika Pathakam Scheme is a financial assistance scheme for taxi & cab drivers in AP.
All these are existing schemes but now renamed after former Chief Minister of the state Dr. YS Raj Sekar Reddy.
YSR Pelli Kanuka: A schemes for bridges from various communities. A budget of R. 750 cores are allocated for the scheme.
- Financial assistance is given to bridge in case of inter-caste marriage
- Financial Aid Details:
- SC & ST Brides: 1 lakh
- SC & ST Inter-caste Marriage: Rs. 1.25 lakh
- BC Brides: Rs. 50,000
- BC Inter-caste Marriage: Rs. 75,000
- Minorities Brides: 1 lakh
- Disabled Brides: Rs. 1.50 lakh
- Construction Labor: Rs. 1 lakh
- Scheme is applicable only in Andhra Pradesh
- Applicable only for residents of AP
- Applicable only for SC, ST, BC, minority, disabled, construction labor brides & inter-caste marriages
YSR Sports Incentive Scheme: A cash prize award scheme for gold medalist sports person at the national level.
- Gold Medalists: Rs. 5 lakh
- Silver Medalists: Rs. 4 lakh
- Bronze Medalists: Rs. 3 lakh
A budget of Rs. 5 crores is allocated for the scheme. The primary objective of the scheme is to encourage & reward sports person in the state.
- Applicable only to the medalist sports person at the national level from AP
YSR Arthika Pathakam Scheme: A financial assistance scheme for taxi & cab drivers in the state. A budget of Rs. 400 crores are allocated for the scheme. 4 lakh people in AP will be benefited from the scheme.
- Financial assistance of Rs. 10,000 per year for taxi drivers
- Applicable only for cab, taxi & maxi drivers
- Applicable only for permanent residents of AP