Chief Minister Captain Amritsar Singh of Punjab has come up with a brilliant idea of providing employment opportunity in Punjab. With the new scheme Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar Yojana, taxis will be provided at subsidized rates to jobless youth in Punjab state. This Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar is all about providing taxis at rates that come heavily subsidized from the state government. The scheme will not ask for any collateral for providing the vehicles. The scheme weaves the promise of providing such vehicles each and every year. Just how many vehicles and what type of vehicles? 1 lakh vehicles a year and all of them will be light commercial vehicles.
By 15th May of this year 2017, this policy will be ready and executed soon According to the order of the High court. They also give the direction to gives the registration certificate and license to the persons and permit will be a partial way and in a proper way. This will make under the guidance of the SDM and with this scheme, they will also installed the CCTV Camera in the buses and taxis.
Basically, the government will not really buy the taxis and hand them over to the jobless youth of Punjab. Instead, the government will provide loans at highly subsidized rates. The interested youth can take out such loans and buy light commercial vehicles. People who take out these loans will be required to repay the loan over a period of 5 years.
Important Features of Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar Yojana:
- A total of 1 lakh vehicles (light commercial and taxis) will be given every year. Rates will be subsidized by the state government.
- Loans under Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar will not attract any kind of collateral.
- Loan repayment term will be 5 years from the date when the loan will be disbursed.
- Taxis handed over to the youth under this scheme will operate under the brands Uber and Ola.
- Transport Offices in 22 districts of Punjab will be reconstructed for proper implementation of this scheme.
- RTA offices located in Bhatinda, Ferozepur, Jalandhar and Patiala will get a complete overhaul.
- Sarathi – the online portal launched under e-Governance will be utilized for accepting license applications.
- Vahan – the online portal launched under e-Governance will be utilized for registering the vehicles given out under this scheme.
- The draft transport policy that will be designed will ensure that jobless youth get the necessary permits so that the scheme becomes successful.
They will start this scheme in the 22 District of the Punjab. The memorandum of this scheme will also be provided to the every District department of the Transport. In these 22 District department of the Transport, you will get the permit of the Taxis. They will allot the permit to the persons who want to take the benefit of the same. They said that in Patiala, Jalandhar, Firozpur etc. Cities will also take the benefit of the same. On one permit only the one taxis will run. Previously after getting the one permit, the owner of the vehicle will run the 2 or 3 buses on the one permit.
Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar Yojana will definitely help jobless youth in making them self-reliant. The scheme is expected to receive a great response after it is launched.