There are many government health initiatives to help combat the health related issues of people. The Himachal Health Care Scheme (or HIMCARE) is one of such initiatives launched by the Himachal State government.
Under HIMCARE scheme, Himachal government is providing a cashless treatment up to Rs. 5.00 lakh per year per family. Find below the important details about the HIMCARE scheme.
|Name of Scheme:||Himachal Health Care Scheme (HIMCARE)|
|Launched date of Scheme:||December, 2018|
|Scheme Initiated by:||Himachal Pradesh government|
|Last date of Registration for the scheme:||30th June 2020|
|Related Department/Ministry:||Health and Family Welfare Department|
|Other such schemes:||Mukhyamantri swasthya dekhbhaal yojana and HP Universal Health Protection Scheme|
|Online Enrollment:||CLICK HERE|
|Contact No. (technical issue):||8091773886|
Objective of the Scheme:
- The main aim of the Scheme is to provide free of cost healthcare facility to the people who fail
to do so due to cash-strapped.
Benefits of the Himcare Scheme:
- Selected families will be entitled for free health treatment of Rs. 5 lacs per annum. Maximum five persons of a family can avail the benefits of this scheme.
- If there are more than five members in the family, the remaining members are to be enrolled as an additional unit of maximum five members each.
- In this scheme there are 1800 treatment procedures being covered which also includes day
- All the family members are eligible to be a part of this scheme irrespective of their age group.
- There are 193 registered hospitals in the state to provide free health facility to the beneficiary.
Required documents to avail the Scheme:
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Card
- Mobile Number
- Passport size Photo
- Those families are included in this scheme which is not covered under Ayushman Bharat
Scheme. Retired and present government employees are kept deprived of the scheme.
- It is only for the residents of Himachal Pradesh.
How to Apply Online for the HIMCARE Scheme:
- The residents of Himachal Pradesh can do their registration on the official website hpsbys.in. Here applicants will require to provide their Ration Card, Aadhar Card, Mobile number, or category certificate.
- Along with this, the beneficiary can apply through online mode or directly by going to the Lok Mitra Kendra (LMK) or Common Service Center (CSC).
- Applicants can pay for the premium through online payment gateway.
- Once the application is accepted at the backend then applicant will receive an SMS of his
enrollment. Only then the beneficiary will be eligible to either download or generate the E-card.
- The CSC/LMK centers shall charge Rs. 50 per family to enroll and upload the documents.
- After this the beneficiary will receive an approval message, after which the applicant can
get the printed e-card from CSC/LMK center.
- Beneficiaries can check the status of their application by clicking on the following link; CheckStatus
HIMCARE CARD RENEWAL: When the validity of the policy will be about to expire, before the 15 days of the expiry date, the beneficiary will receive an SMS on his registered mobile number for the renewal of the same.