Income Certificate is an essential document of proof of annual income of a person. It is issued by the respective state government. It is issued to the employed residents of the state for tax purposes and to help them avail subsidies from government. It can be applied by any resident of the state irrespective of caste and creed.
Need of Income Certificate:
Income certificate is required as a proof for various civic welfare schemes, while taking admissions, for availing educational loans, for income tax purposes, as a proof while applying for Aadhaar card, Domicile Certificate, etc.
Important documents required while applying for an Income Certificate:
Proof of Identity: Any 1 of the following documents
- PAN Card
- Election Card
- Driving License
- Identity Card issued by Govt. organisation
- Applicant Photo, Signature
Proof of Address: Any 1 of the following documents
- Election Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Electricity Bill
- Ration Card
- Telephone bill
- Smart Card/Heath Card
Passport sized photo
Age Proof: Any 1 of the following documents
- School leaving certificate
- Birth Certificate
Income Proof: Any 1 of the following documents
- Employer certificate
- Salary certificate
- Income proof from municipal counselor
- Income tax return acknowledgement
The above-mentioned original documents are to be produced for verification and these are to be submitted in copies for further process.
- Citizen of India
- The applicant should mandatory be a resident of Tamil Nadu state
How to Apply for Income Certificate:
One can apply for Income certificate in Tamil Nadu either Online or Offline:
For Applying Online:
- The applicant is required to visit the official website @ tnesevai.tn.gov.in
- Click on Citizen Login tab
- Then select the New User? Sign Up here option
- For registration, fill in the details for registration like, Full name, district, taluka.
- Enter Aadhaar no., Mobile no., email ID, desired Login id
- Create a password and Confirm the same by re-entering it
- Enter captcha code
- Click on Sign up
- Mobile and email will be verified through OTP, after successful registration, an intimation for the same will be sent to the registered mobile no. and email id, go for log in from the home page
- After logging in, Select Revenue department option
- Click on REV-103 Income certificate and Proceed for applying online for the same
- On the next page, fill in the details like CAN no., address details (permanent and current), contact details, full name, age, etc
- Upload the necessary documents in the prescribed format
- After uploading the documents, make payment if required for the same
- Acknowledgement receipt will be displayed, take a printout of the same for future reference. The receipt will have an application no.
- After successful submission of the form, the applicant can check the application status from the same portal, just by entering the application no. received.
- Application and supporting documents are thoroughly verified by the concerned authorities and then the certificate is issued.
- Applicant can also download the certificate once the process is completed
For Applying Offline:
- Visit the nearest eSevai centre/ Tehsildar Office/ Revenue Office/District Collector’s office
- Get the application form (Hard copy) and fill it with the required details and then submit with all the necessary documents.
- Applicant can also take a printout of the application form from the site, manually fill it, sign the declaration and submit it in the office with all the necessary documents. Fee payment is to be made.
- Application will be verified by the Circle officer/VAO/Revenue Inspector
- After thorough verification of documents submitted, the income certificate will be issued and sent to the registered address.
- Offline Application form format is as given below
Processing Time: A period of 7-15 working days is required for processing an Income Certificate in Tamil Nadu
Validity: Income certificate is valid for 1 year
Helpline No./Call Centre No.:
In case of any difficulty or Query or Clarification while applying online, the applicant can call on the official Toll-Free no. 1800-425-1333. Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org . This service is available 24*7.