MEXT Research Scholarships available for international students to study graduate courses at Japanese universities either as a (non-degree) student or regular student for a degree under the Japanese Government Scholarship Program. Japanese Government Scholarship aims are to foster human resources who will become bridges of friendship between our country and Japan through study in Japan and who will contribute to the development of both countries and the wider world. Ministry of Human Resource Development is inviting online applications from Indian nationals residing in India for the award of scholarships for Research Student/Master’s Course/ Ph.D. course in Japanese Universities offered by Government of Japan.
Benefits of the MEXT Scholarship:
These are the benefits of the MEXT Scholarship –
- For research student, 143,000 Yen/ month (Approx. Rs. 85,000/- month) will be provided.
- Traveling cost: The recipient will be provided, according to his/her itinerary and route as designated by MEXT, with an economy-class airplane ticket from the international airport nearest to his/her home country residence
- Fee: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be paid by the Japanese government.
- Preparatory Education: The scholarship will include 6 months preparatory education in Japanese Language and other subjects which will be provided after the candidate’s arrival in Japan.
Required Eligibility and Conditions for MEXT t Scholarship:
- For Research Student / Master’s Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field with minimum 65% marks.
- The candidates should obtain their mark sheet and degree on or before 31st March 2018 for April 2018 batch and 30th September 2018 for October 2018 batch
- For Ph.D. Degree
- Master’s degree in the relevant field with minimum 65% marks.
- Candidate having practical research/teaching/work experience after obtaining the prescribed qualification on or before 31st March 2018 for April 2018 batch and 30th September 2018 for October 2018 batch
- For Research Student/Master’s degree in the Japanese Language
- Students who have completed Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree course in the Japanese Language from a recognized university OR
- Students who have completed Bachelor’s degree course in any subject from a recognized university and obtained N2 Certificate of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) conducted by the Japan Foundation
- For Ph.D. degree in Japanese Language
- Students who have completed Master degree course in the Japanese Language from a recognized university
- For Management course a minimum GMAT score of 650 with a Bachelor Degree
- Japanese Language Ability: Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese. Applicants must be interested in Japan and be willing to deepen their understanding of Japan after arriving in Japan. Applicants must also have the ability to do research in Japanese and adapt to living in Japan.
- Health Status: Applicants must be free from any mental or physical disabilities that would impede the pursuit of study at Japanese graduate school.
Documents Required for MEXT Scholarship:
- Application Form
- Placement Preference Form
- Field of Study and Research Program Plan
- Certified grade transcript for each academic year from the last university attended
- Graduation certificate or degree certificate of the last university attended
- Recommendation from the president/dean or the adviser of the last university attended
- Medical certificate
- Abstracts of theses
- Recommendation from the present employer (if currently employed)
- Applicant have to send the Email to the application of this scholarship
- The format of the application is given below
- The application should contain the information in this order
- Brief info
- Application Form
- Field of Study & Research Proposal
- Placement Preference form
- The applicant should mention subject as Research Student and file name as field of study-name.pdf should be sent to the Embassy through email as an attachment
- Applications received on given email id only will be considered as submitted application.
- The email is given in the contact details section of this post
- The attached file should be a single consolidated file in continuous pages, according to the order mentioned above. Please try to make the file size as small as possible, but, the content of the file should be clear, visible and reader friendly.
- The applicant can contact to: S. Sinha, Japan Information Centre (JIC), Embassy of Japan, 50-G, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110021.
- Tel: 011-4610-4865
- Email: email@example.com
- Application should send to following email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
References & Details:
- For more information regarding MEXT Scholarship: http://www.in.emb-japan.go.jp/Education/Research_Student.html