When on one side India is achieving many milestones because of development in its various mainstreams, there is still a part of population who is living degraded life. Education is given the prime importance in any country and it should be mandatory thing for the person in his/her starting stages of life i.e. childhood. But, everyone is not born with big bank balance and inherited lands/legacy of being rich. There are many children who work day and night instead of studying to earn daily livelihood or some are the victim of human trafficking and are forced to work as bondage labor. According to 1991 census there are more than 1.1 crore child labor. This not only degrade that child’s life but also country’s future. To overcome such social problem in India, government of India launched the scheme “National Child Labor Project Scheme” governed by Ministry of Labor and Employment which prevent child labor and provides them basic facilities which every child deserve. Under the scheme a body is formed which work closely with state govt. and sate govt. with central govt.
Benefits of National Child Labor Project Scheme:
- Establishment of Special Schools: The scheme will start special schools for the rehabilitation of children affected by child labor.
- Stipend: Child studying in special schools will be given stipend of Rs. 100 per month per child
- Daily Nutrition: Nutrition will be provided to each child studying in special school
- Medical facilities: Each doctor will have 20 such schools where he/she will be responsible for monitoring health and providing other medical facilities like vaccinations, regular health checkups, etc.
- Vocational training: The school ensures that the child studying under the school gets thorough training so that he/she can survive once he/she crosses 18 years of age
- Awareness generation: The awareness camps will be organized to make people aware about the ill effects of child labor and punishment to the person practicing child labor.
- Convergence of services: The scheme not only work individually but collaborates with other schemes like Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan and provides best services to the child labor.
- Legal Action against suspect: The person keeping child labors will be punished according to legal actions
Eligibility for National Child Labor Project Scheme:
- Any child below 18 years of age and is a child labor is eligible to get benefits of scheme
- Child must be orphan
- If he/she has parents, they must be from below poverty line
- At organization level, organization granted permission to monitor such children can get the benefit of financial assistance
- Aadhar Card (in case child is not orphan)
- Electricity bill (in case child is not orphan)
- Registration number of organization to work closely with govt. (only for NGOs/organizations)
- License (only for NGOs/organizations)
- Land ownership to establish special school (only for NGOs/organizations)
Usually children are directly admitted to the schools, so there are no procedures for child labors. But if organization want to work closely with govt. NGO/organization has to contact state govt. or ministry of labor and employment to apply and get assistance for the special school
Whom to contact where to contact for more information about the scheme:
Ministry of Labor & Employment
Govt. of India,
Shram Shakti Bhawan,
New Delhi- 110001
References and Details:
For more details about the scheme kindly visit the following link