Odisha Government announced an amnesty scheme to regularize unauthorized buildings in the state called as Sarbakhyama Yojana (Scheme for Regularisation of Unauthorized Construction 2018). The objective of the scheme is to regularizes unauthorized constructions and deviations in the authorized constructions in the urban and rural areas in the state. The Housing and Development Minister of Odisha NIranjan Pujari announced the scheme.
What is Sarbakhyama Yojana (Scheme for Regularisation of Unauthorized Construction 2018)?
An unauthorized building regularization scheme under which unauthorized construction can be regularized by paying specific fees along with submission of building construction plan and fire clearance certificate.
Sarbakhyama Yojana: Objectives
- To provide an opportunity to the citizens to regularize unauthorized constructions which happened due to some constraints
- To generate the revenue through the regularization scheme and make it available for the development of the area
Sarbakhyama Yojana (Scheme for Regularisation of Unauthorized Construction 2018): Eligibility / Who can apply?
- The scheme in application to the unauthorized constructions in urban and rural areas in Odisha only
- The scheme is applicable only to the constructions before the launch of the scheme
- The scheme is applicable only to the unauthorized construction which is structurally safe and do not affect safety and public interest
- Those unauthorized constructions which does not contradict provisions of any other Act, Rules and Regulations
Sarbakhyama Yojana: Required Documents & Other Details
- Planning and Building Standards Regulations cleared the scheme and to be implemented by the Odisha Housing and Urban Development department
- For mega projects, builders are required to obtain infrastructure development No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the concerned municipal authorities
- In case of individual house owners for Zero Set Back they need to get NOC from the neighbors
- For plots with size less than 300 square foots NOC is required from the neighborers
- In case of non-high rise building with a size up to 300 square meters with 100 per cent ground coverage could be regularised by paying compounding fee
Sarbakhyama Yojana: How to apply for Scheme for Regularisation of Unauthorized Construction 2018?
- Citizens who intends to regularize their unauthorized constructions can apply for regularization in their respective Development Authority such as municipal corporation in their area
- They need to pay fees at the rates prescribed for regularization in their area
- Submit building construction plan and fire clearance certificate are mandatory
Other Important Schemes: