SBI Youth for India Fellowship Programme is an initiative taken up by the State Bank of India in collaboration with reputed NGOs with a vision for the betterment of the rural residents. SBI Youth for India programme was started with a motive by the Organization to Help and Uplift the Rural poor by providing brilliant young minds working as a catalyst for the growth of the rural lives. Many professional from reputed companies have taken this break from their jobs to work closely with poor and bring a difference in their lives. These professional have also got enriched experience and deeper understanding of problems at Grassroots. Corporates such as the Tata Group, MindTree & Cap Gemini gave their employees a sabbatical to join the SBI Youth for India fellowship.
Benefits of the SBI Youth for India Fellowship Programme:
- Living Allowances: The candidates will be provided by Rs.15,000/- per month adequate for the living expenses
- Local Travel Allowances: The fellows will get Rs.1,000/- to cover their monthly travel expenses.
- Travel expenses: The cost of return 3 AC fare to and fro from the fellow’s location to the project location along with the expenses of the training programme.
- Medical Insurance: The fellow will be covered by Medical claim policy.
- Readjustment allowance: The fellow will get a readjustment allowance of Rs 30,000 upon successful completion of the fellowship
- The Local NGO staff will assist the fellow in finding a safe accommodation during the stay.
- Medical attention will also be arranged by local NGO staff when required
Required Eligibility and Conditions for SBI Youth for India Fellowship Programme:
- Applicant Must be an Indian Citizen
- The candidate should be between the age of 21-32 years as on 1 August 2017, or 1 October 2017.
- The candidate should at least be a graduate from any recognized university
- Candidate should be willing to adjust to a life of Rural Location.
- The Candidates do not need a specific degree or previous work experience in any particular domain, the passion of the candidate to work at the grassroots level would be judged as criteria for selection.
What Does SBI Youth for India Application form consist of?
- Personal Information
- Education & Personal Background Information.
- Employment Status for candidates who are employed.
- Two References from professional, academic, extra-curricular or volunteer capacity.
- Write about the future plans- 100 words max.
- A situation based question to be answered- 500 words max
- Answer in 500 words max on how you think you will benefit the program.
- Which of your strengths/skills could be used in rural development projects? – Max 500 words.
- The candidates who are willing to apply for the SBI Youth for India Fellowship using the official website of the program can click on the following link: http://www.youthforindia.org/index.php/login
- The candidates first have to register themselves and create an account, and after logging in, they have to fill the Online Application Form.
- The candidates are advised to fill the application form before the last date.
- The Online Application has to be filled in one go and cannot be saved to edit later on.
- Once the Application Form is submitted for SBI Youth for India Fellowship, then the amendments cannot be made.
- The candidates also need to know that the application form should be filled within the seven days of registration otherwise, the form will be rejected or suspended.
- Candidates are advised to check the details of the application form and then make the final submission as the candidates need to know that once the application gets submitted, the candidates will not be able to change the details of the application form.
- After the successful submission of the application form, the candidates are also advised to keep at least two printouts of the application form with them for future reference.
- The applicant can contact to following Email address for more information:
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
References & Details:
- For more information regarding SBI Youth for India Fellowship Programme visit: http://www.youthforindia.org/