Gujarat government is going to launch Shramik Annapurna Yojana to provide packed meal or food to the construction workers at Rs.10 only. Vijay Rupani CM of Gujarat will launch this scheme for the benefit of the poor people who are working as labour. The state government of Gujarat is planning Shramik Annapurna Yojana after the success launch of Annapurna Rasoi in Madhya Pradesh and Annapurna Bhojanalaya in Uttar Pradesh. Under this scheme, Gujarat government will provide a packed lunch of dal, sabzi, and roti at Rs 10. Although the total cost of that meal would be Rs 30, the government would make its available at Rs 10 by providing Rs 20 subsidy per meal.
The officials said that Rs 50 crore have been allocated in the state budget for the implementation of this scheme. Every Municipal Corporation will make such meals available at construction sites for workers across the city. According to them, the meal will be provided to the labourers and their family members at the construction site.
Highlights of Shramik Annapurna Yojana
- Gujarat government has allotted Rs.50 crore for Shramik Annapurna Yojana.
- Under this scheme, the government will provide affordable lunch to 25000 labourers.
- Although the total cost of that meal would be Rs 30, the government would make its available at Rs 10 by providing Rs 20 subsidy per meal.
- The food under Shramik Annapurna Yojana will be provided to the construction workers at site where they are working.
- The State government of Gujarat will make make such meals available at construction sites for workers across the state.
Earlier, Madhya Pradesh’s Shivraj Singh Chauhan government had introduced Deen Dayal Rasoi Yojana and the former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Jayalalitha launched ‘Amma Canteen’. Recently, BJP Government planning to launch Annapurna Bhojnalaya started in UP, in which breakfast will be given in only 3 rupees and the food would be given in just 5 rupees.
Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has started Shramik Annapurna Yojana to provide the two times food to the poor people of the state who are working as labour at the construction sites. Shramik Annapurna Yojana is based on Amma Canteens and Annapurna Rasoi Yojana.