Sir Ratan Tata Fellowship is provided by London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) Asia Research Centre with the support of Sir Ratan Tata Trust. The Sir Ratan Tata Post-doctoral Fellowship was established in 1997. The Sir Ratan Tata Post-doctoral Fellowship is for a period of eight months during each academic year, based at the LSE India Observatory. The Fellow is expected to finish a research paper of publishable quality during their stay and make a presentation at a seminar arranged by the India Observatory. All data collection and any material required for the research should be secured before coming to the LSE. The Fellow is also expected to engage in social science research broadly on the themes of Economy and Society in South Asia with a particular focus on the following themes:
- Growth and Inclusion
- Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability
- Social and Human Security
- Population and Development
- Governance and Democracy
Benefits of the Sir Ratan Tata Post-doctoral Fellowship:
- Stipend: Sir Ratan Tata Post-doctoral Fellowship is will be granted for 8 months in the current academic year with a Monthly allowance of up to £1,500 (Approx. Rs. 141,500).
- Office Space & Access to Research Facility: LSE Asia Research Centre (ARC) will be the base of the fellowship and the fellow will be provided with shared office space along with access to the School’s Research Facility.
- Presentation of their Research: An opportunity to complete a research of publishable quality and prepare a presentation at a seminar coordinated by Asia Research Centre.
Required Eligibility and Conditions for Sir Ratan Tata Post-doctoral Fellowship:
- The applicant must have completed a Ph.D.
- The applicant must be researching in the field of social science targeting South Asian countries.
- The applicant should be a research scholar in the early stage of his career
- Note: This Fellowship is open to candidates only from SAARC countries which include Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- There is no separate portal available where the application can be made online, the required documents can be scanned and emailed to the given Email Id. The candidates are suggested to use only A4 size paper and do not staple the application form.
- The application for Sir Ratan Tata Post-Doctoral Fellowship can be emailed to email@example.com or alternatively by post to the Fellowships Selection Committee, Asia Research Centre, London School of Economics & Political Science, Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE, UK.
- The application must be enclosed with the following Documents:
- A curriculum vitae (Max 3 pages)
- A cover letter (Max 1 page)
- A brief description of proposed research works to be undertaken.
- Names and Addresses of two references, which are familiar with their work and will be contacted by the Committee.
- The applicants should submit the application along with the enclosing of the above-mentioned documents to the given address
- For more information applicant can contact to following address: The Fellowships Selection Committee, Asia Research Centre, London School of Economics & Political Science, Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE, UK
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
References & Details:
- For more information regarding Sir Ratan Tata Post-doctoral Fellowship visit: http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/india/fellowships/SirRatanTata.asp