A* Star Undergraduate scholarship is for bright students with a keen interest in research for a Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering at the National University of Singapore. The A*STAR Youth Scholarship is tenable for 4 years which is renewed annually upon satisfactory performance of the scholar. The scholars after graduation have an opportunity to pursue further Ph.D. studies locally or abroad on A* Star or other University Scholarship. The Scholarship is for studies in selected Singapore schools from Secondary Three to Pre-University Two and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
Benefits of the A* Star Undergraduate Scholarship:
- Successful candidates will be provided financial support for the duration of their undergraduate studies covering:
- Tuition fees
- Hostel Fees
- Local sustenance allowance
- Research attachment opportunities at A*STAR Research Institutes (minimum of 8 weeks)
- One overseas exchange program during the undergraduate studies (up to 6 months)
Required Eligibility and Conditions for A* Star Undergraduate Scholarship:
- All Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship.
- The male candidates must serve National Service prior to the commencement of undergraduate studies.
- Excellent results for GCE ‘A’ Level (minimum 11 academic units), International Baccalaureate (IB), NUS High School Diploma, Polytechnic Diploma or equivalent.
- Candidates with experience and notable achievements in science or math related projects and activities will be given more preferences.
- It is to be noted that a minimum SAT score is not a mandate as a qualifying condition for the Undergraduate scholarships, but candidates are only encouraged to sit for the SAT test to broaden their choice of institutions when they pursue their undergraduate studies and also to submit their SAT scores, if available to be included in the overall assessment of their applications.
- The Application process for A* Star Scholarship is online. Click Here to Apply Online
- The candidates must register themselves first in order to proceed with further details in the scholarship form.
- The candidates must enter the following information in the A* Star Scholarship Application Form:
- Personal Details: The Candidates must write their full name, first name, middle name, last name, and gender.
- Citizenship Information: The candidates need to write their citizenship type, nationality, Singapore NRIC, passport number and date of birth.
- The candidates must also enter their Email address and click on submit button.
- A* Star Scholarship Application Form must be completely filled by the candidates by filling all the above-given information correctly and submit it Online
- The applicant can contact to the following address for more information: Agency for Science, Technology And Research (A*STAR), 1 Fusionopolis Way, #20-10 Connexis North Tower, Singapore 138632
- Telephone No: (65) 6826 6111
- Fax No: (65) 6777 1711
- Email: email@example.com
References & Details:
- For more information regarding A* Star Undergraduate Scholarship visit: https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/scholarships/astar