The government of India introduced a new scheme called Swayam Prabha in association with Ministry of Human Resource Development. Swayam Prabha Scheme allows 32 Direct-to-Home (DTH) Television Channels for providing high-quality educational content to all teachers, students, and citizens across the country. The channel will broadcast programs for school and university students. The telecast is an initiative to help the countryside students. These channels would do a live telecast of classroom lectures from top-notch institutions, including IITs. The channels cover different subjects for 4 hours every day with lessons repeated 6 times a day. “SWAYAM” is an instrument for self-actualization providing opportunities for a life-long learning. The government has aimed to focus on using space technology to expand the reach of high-quality education through 32 DTH channels. In the first phase, IIT Bombay, IIT Madras, IIT Kanpur, IIT Guwahati, University of Delhi, Jawaharlal Nehru University, IGNOU, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, Banaras Hindu Universities offering courses in areas of engineering education, social science, energy, management, basic sciences etc.
Curriculum Based Course Contents are:
- Performing arts
- Social sciences
- Humanities subjects
Features of Swayam Prabha Scheme:
- Curriculum-based course contents covering diverse disciplines such as arts, science, commerce, performing arts, social sciences and humanities subjects, engineering, technology, law, medicine, agriculture etc.
- Covers all levels of education including School education, undergraduate, postgraduate, engineering, out of school children, vocational courses and teachers training
- Initially, programme launched English language but after some time government will launch programmes in regional languages
How can Students get help from Swayam Prabha Scheme?
- The interactive study content including pictures, videos, and diagrams delivered by the subject experts appointed by the ministry
- After watching the content, students can clear their doubts through a toll-free helpline number linked with Bhaskaracharya Institute of Space Applications and Geo-Informatics (BISAG)
- The ministry appointed subject experts to provide good quality content who will be paid on an hourly basis
- These subject experts will provide content for the programmes as well as clear student doubts
References & details
- More details visit: https://swayam.gov.in/Home
- For download Swayam app visit: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.gov.swayam.app
Pages: 1 2