Maharashtra Rural Development Ministry has come up with ‘Virbhadrakali Tararani Swayamsiddha Yojana’ for those women who lost their husbands due to covid. This initiative was announced by Rural Development Minister Hasan Mushrif. This scheme is mainly to support and provide the rural women with livelihood opportunities. Interest free loans will be provided to the beneficiary women under this scheme. This scheme will be implemented through Maharashtra State Rural Livelihoods Campaign (UMED). This scheme tends to provide a dignified life for the widowed rural women in the state thereby ensuring their social security and welfare.
|Scheme||Virbhadrakali Tararani Swayamsiddha Yojana|
|Scheme Under||Maharashtra Rural Development Ministry|
|Announced By||Rural Development Minister Hasan Mushrif|
|Beneficiaries||Rural women who lost their husbands due to covid|
|Benefit||Livelihood opportunities, interest free loans, training, and other measures.|
|Objective||To provide assistance and social security to the women in the villages who lost their husbands due to covid thereby ensuring their welfare.|
Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the initiative is to provide assistance to the rural women who lost their husbands due to covid.
- Under this scheme the rural women will be provided with employment and self-employment opportunities.
- Interest free loans will be provided to the beneficiary women.
- Under this initiative, the beneficiaries will get a coverage under various schemes and services of the central and state government.
- It aims at providing social and financial security to the rural women in difficult times.
- Rural Development Minister Hasan Mushrif has decided implementation of Virbhadrakali Tararani Swayamsiddha Yojana.
- This scheme is planned for supporting the women in the villages who lost their husbands due to covid.
- Maharashtra government has given approval for the implementation of the scheme.
- Authorities will implement this scheme through Maharashtra State Rural Livelihoods Campaign (UMED).
- Under this scheme ministry would make efforts to create livelihood opportunities for beneficiary rural women.
- Self-help groups will be formed with minimum five widowed women in the village.
- Interest free loans will be provided to the women whereby they will be required to pay Rs. 342 as premium amount under MJJBY and PMSBY schemes.
- Eligible women will be provided health insurance scheme benefits too.
- Employment and self-employment opportunities will be provided to the women under this scheme along with necessary training.
- The ministry will also tend to provide capital to the eligible women through online registration for food processing industry.
- This scheme is a crucial step to help the widows in rural areas.
- It will assist them and help them live a dignified life thereby ensuring their betterment, welfare and social security.